Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in Annecy LFLP 19-20 Sep 2020

Let’s hope it doesn’t get kyboshed by Covid-19 travel restrictions…

Last Edited by Mark_B at 29 Feb 14:48
EGCJ, United Kingdom

I can’t really see France shutting down restaurants.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I can’t really see France shutting down restaurants.

Confined crowd limit was today set at 5000 people, so we should be good.

Last Edited by Arne at 29 Feb 18:51
ESMK, Sweden

But there has been a cluster of 13 cases in La-Balme-de-Sillingy which is a few miles NW of Annecy Airport. There is clearly escalation of precautions taking place throughout Europe now. Who knows how this is going to develop in the next couple of months?

Lydd

We have almost 3 months to run. By then Europe should either be sorting itself out, or be a complete disaster zone.

Fortunately GA travel is totally safe, and the up front committment will be just the €70 (or so) per person for the lunchtime boat booking, plus any accommodation. Compare this with e.g. a Cirrus fly-in where they take much more €€€ from each person up front.

We have 28 for the boat now, which is enough to book it. It’s a very small risk for what should be a great meet-up to a really nice location.

Administrator

I suggest we move the date to 5/6 September.

Administrator

Travelling in May, if any, will be definitely limited to local trips, so postponing is obviously necessary. September sounds reasonable but it’s still questionable what measures of social distancing will be required/recommended at that time. If it’s still too restrictive (even if travelling is possible), I’m pretty sure majority of people will limit their travelling to family only with as less contact with other people as possible.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If we were to pick the weekend of 26/27 September, that would coincide with the AFPM gathering and picnic at Montmeilleur, in case any EGA folks would like a gentle taste of alpine aviation.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Might be tight:

The French President Emanuel Macron has warned that the external borders of the Schengen Area and the Schengen Associated States may remain shut until September, as a measure against another wave of Coronavirus infections in the territory that may be caused by an outer factor, travellers coming from the US and other countries.

LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France

Shanwick wrote:

the external borders of the Schengen Area and the Schengen Associated States
Aren’t UK and Croatia associated states?
ESMK, Sweden
Sign in to add your message