Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in Annecy LFLP 19-20 Sep 2020

I agree with you Snoopy.
These are easier on small uncontrolled fields. A lunch party would gather pilots from about 2h from the fly-in, and our members are scattered all over the continent.
So it would be a local fly-in.

Maybe it is easier to regroup at an established fly-in, not organize a special one for us.

I will post my availabilities on Telegram.

LFOU, France

It is impossible to cover everybody’s preferences.

That’s why we do just two major meet-ups a year: May and Sept. These are the ones where people can make a special effort.

In between these we do lots of little ones, in different places to give others the opportunity.

There is also Aero Friedrichshafen in April – this is a big event which a lot of people go to, and is in Germany which is very central. We always do a meet-up there and the turnout is good.

2019 has been a bit hard for meet-ups, due to poor wx, problems at the LYTV one which prevented some from going, and some problems like Emir mentioned above. It is largely true that if one has a free vote for the date, a lot of people with families will pick the earliest date which is totally useless for their other social activities, and that date will tend to be when the wx is poor That’s what scuppered Zaragoza (which, along with La Rochelle, is still “open” in the respective telegram groups for when the wx improves). So a referendum doesn’t always deliver the best result

My preferred dates:

Also the end of May will produce a small turnout since many people do “family stuff” in June. And the start of May is a much bigger wx risk. Mid May is the best compromise.

Also it depends on where it is to. Antwerp is much more of a wx risk in May than Annecy

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Antwerp :-)

EGLM & EGTN

A group of aircraft are flying from Kjeller (ENKJ), Norway to the channel coast the last weekend of May. Initially we only planned for a fuelstop in Antwerp (EBAW), before flying to Shoreham (EGKA) where we would stay at least one night. However should there be a flyin in Antwerp, we would try to join.

Planned departure ENKJ is either Thursday 28th or Friday 29th of May. We are planning for an overnight stay in Wilhelmshaven (EDWI) before going to Antwerp.

ENKJ, Norway

I am working out preferences at to dates in May and which of the three locations.

Can eveyone please pop into the telegram group (joining link in port #1) and update me.

I will do a mailing soon so please everyone check your email address on the forum is still valid, and you have authorised being emailed in your profile. Also people who have not logged in for a year no longer get mailed, generally.

Administrator

For those not in the telegram group:

The date is now chosen: 23/24 May.

Now deciding on the three locations: Antwerp, Annecy, or Lyon. The last two have confirmed ok for 10-20 planes. Antwerp not replied yet.

Administrator

No response received from Antwerp. I am told they have just 8 tarmac parking places which would cause the same problem we had with Tivat.

Currently we have over 20 aircraft intending to arrive.

Of Lyon and Annecy, the votes are equal

Administrator

We are going to Annecy on 23-24 May

This is from the telegram group. Names are blanked out for the open forum as per normal practice.

Annecy have confirmed hard parking for what looks like 20 aircraft, with enthusiasm.

Administrator

Annecy LFLB? The same one with the 48 hr mandatory PPR for IFR and limit on VFR flights? Notam ends in April but you never know…

Edit: Disregard. I mixed B and P.

Last Edited by Dimme at 31 Jan 19:35
ESME, ESMS

I’ve updated the title now that we know where we are going and when.

Annecy is difficult during the winter months, due to bizjet traffic.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message