Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your greatest trip of 2019?

My most interesting trip wasn’t the longest one (which was the fly-in to Tivat/Kotor).

It was the trip to Quessant

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My greatest trip of this year was visiting Mallorca – accompanied with some old friends who never had flown with me before, met EuroGA friends there, enjoyed beautiful island, warm sea and stunning nature. The trip report is here.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

A 10-day holiday trip to the Adriatic with my wife, visiting Prague/Letnany, Portoroz, Losinj, Hvar, Brac and Venice/Lido.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 26 Dec 20:07
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

A 10 – day trip around the SW US, L.A. > Sedona > Albuquerque > Carlsbad > Santa Fe > Marble Canyon > L.A. plus a coupe of intermediate stops. Highlight would have been the landings at Sedona and especially Marble Canyon, which sits inside (!!) Grand Canyon and is a little narrower than the wingspan of the C210 I’m flying.

My Easter weekend trip, the plan was to fly to Scotland but we end-up flying from the UK to Netherland, Belgium, France, 4 full days of perfect weather and zero logistics/planning

Trip UK-NL-BE-FR

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Technically my greatest trip was Eslöv – Lübeck 1h50m. Very bad year for me, just 30h flying around in circles. Hopefully better trips will happen in 2020.

ESME, ESMS

I finally got down to Malta this year from Shoreham in August.

Shoreham – Cannes – Corsica – Sicily – Malta – Corsica – Avignon – Shoreham

2.5 weeks…we took our time!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Flew to a friend’s wedding with a seaplane. 2,5 hours airborne, landed and moored just outside the wedding location. That was hugely satisfying and showed me how great float flying can be!

ESSZ, Sweden

We made a Weekend trip with my Europa from Essen-Mülheim EDLE to the isle Samsø in Denmark. We had a great time there with fellow aviators from all over Europe. Camping under the wing, great sunsets, bicycle tours, good food…. Just what flying is all about for me.

EDLE

Technically my greatest trip was Eslöv – Lübeck 1h50m. Very bad year for me, just 30h flying around in circles. Hopefully better trips will happen in 2020.

I can one-up this, because my “greatest trip” A to B this year was Hannover EDDV to Porta Westfalica EDVY, 33 nm Great Circle Distance…

No really, I am feeling lucky to have reached the end of this year with a valid PPL, thanks to revalidation with a FE in June. It sucks if one’s rental outfit sells all their planes and you have to search for a new one after finally having everything arranged properly.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one