Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

End 2019 meet-up at Le Touquet (LFAT) on Sunday 29th Dec

The weather on Sunday 29th looks like to be fabulous. So what do you think about a spontaneous meet-up at LFAT for lunch on Sunday to celebrate another year of wonderful flights together. As my new engine will be happy about some more low level hours in nice weather we would come from LFRQ and maybe stay over night.

Does anybody of the frequent LFAT flyers has a recommendation for the lunch beside the airport restaurant? (But this one is very good, as we have found out in summer.) Anyway, depending on the number of people showing up, we have to reserve a table.

EDDS , Germany

I am up for it

There are numerous good restaurants in the town; I haven’t done the airport one for almost 20 years I don’t recall a problem finding a table for anything up to 5-8 people (the usual max size of the group) IF one gets into the town early, say 12:00 local. That beats most of the locals. But maybe this date is special?

Restaurant La Taverne Royale is a good one – +33 3 21 05 15 11.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

La base Nord is a very good one too.
Not in the center but if you take bikes it’s nice to go there riding along the river and after lunch continue via the “forest” back to the center of le Touquet.
Make sure to reserve as they get full very fast.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Too far for lunch for me, I’ll try to do some local stuff.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Would have been a pleasure, but we will just be between two trips so we need to reconfigure. Enjoy !
I heard about a burger restaurant in town. The airport restaurant is indeed very nice (was there in july).

LFOU, France

@Peter It looks like that we might be the only ones coming in tomorrow, so we should coordinate our arrivals. Our planning is to leave Quimper at 9.00 UTC and will arrive at around 10.45 UTC, so right in time to show up in town for lunch. We may take the bicycles?

EDDS , Germany

We are 3 now.

EDDS , Germany

I will aim to be there for that.

Administrator

I just crossed the usual place by car, Berk s/ Mer & LeTouquet looked dead under the fog today but tomorrow forcast looks super great

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

LFAT wx was actually ok today. Tomorrow should be even better.

Administrator
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message