Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone have information About flying into Memmingen EDJA?

C210_Flyer wrote:

Do you mean google translate or the electric outlets?

Electric outlets. You are in a Europe. Of course there aren’t any.

It is prob a 2km walk. But of course, you can’t leave and walk if you need customs/immigration. Which is the only reason beyond a rather poor cafe to go to the terminal.

Last Edited by JasonC at 14 Jan 23:22
EGTK Oxford

“You are joking right?”

I got exatcly the same anwser from Nantes Sol when I parked C172 and asked if they have any tie-downs as I could not see any around and I hesitated to hook to the big aircraft next to me their advice was to arrange these things with my handling agent or local aeroclub (I was self handled that day ), I did my best to secure aircraft as forcasted to be windy that weekend, on my walk to the hangars I found some free parking spots with attachment points and I went back restarted and taxied to park there, so I was serious about it after all

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Jan 23:33
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

South to North, you are crossing the runway and I am not aware of an option to walk. You have to be shuttled.

You could try the club regarding parking and you could indeed leave Southside through the gate, but if you need customs or immigration that requires a trip to the main terminal Northside.
I wasnt billed for that, though.

Outlets – not aware of any outside the hangar area. If you bring 50m you might be able to hook up to the South gate cotainer building…

Last Edited by ch.ess at 15 Jan 05:51
EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

You could try the club regarding parking and you could indeed leave Southside through the gate,

Arriving from Budapest so C&I will not be needed. Anyone know of a contact number for the Memmingen Aero Club?

ch.ess wrote:

If you bring 50m you might be able to hook up to the South gate cotainer building

That is a good thought!

I’ll call the airport about a possible plug in.

Geez all this because to go skiing at Obergurgle, Innsbrook is off limits for GA. A 2.5 hour car ride from Memmingen airport whereas from Innsbrook its only 1.5 hrs. Makes you want to give up and make that 8 hr car ride without the hassles.

Next question is a rental car. I dont suppose one can be picked up on the South side?

KHTO, LHTL

I was in Innsbruck a few days ago. Not much going on and they also allowed me to stay longer than 60 minutes, contrary to NOTAM

Switzerland

Fliegergruppe Memmingen

They may also be able to locate a free hangar place int he former Starfighter bunkers :-)

Car rental may or may not bring a car around to the South. Else,… shuttle to the North ;-)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 15 Jan 13:51
EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

Fliegergruppe Memmingen

They may also be able to locate a free hangar place int he former Starfighter bunkers :-)

Car rental may or may not bring a car around to the South. Else,… shuttle to the North ;-)

Thanks will get my German friend to write a request. This should work. Thanks again.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

I would love to find out how the 210 owner got his plane into the quietest grouping.

I guess a Gomolzig silencer (muffler).

ELLX

Do they have that for a 210? Never seen one.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Do they have that for a 210?
According to the site (link in post 18) they do.
ESMK, Sweden
Sign in to add your message