Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Blackpool EGNH

I’m planning to come in Blackpool EGNH from Italy next monday 20.01 with a private flight.
Do you know if there’s some RAF museum (I’m afraid not) to visit around that area ?
Thanks

LIPR, Italy

Not that I’m aware of. The easiest aviation museum to visit by GA in north west England is Carlisle, which has a museum pretty much attached to the airfield.

Andreas IOM

Not what you asked, but incase it’s helpful…..

There’s the Jet Age Museum at Gloucester airport.
And the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington.
Obviously the biggest is Duxford.
There are others but can’t think.

United Kingdom

Blackpool is like a place where there was once a great party and everyone got up and left. A few elderly people left shuffling about … but if you need to be there.

Really a bizzare spot I thought. Has it improved in the last 5 years?

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I’ve enjoyed my day trips to Blackpool recently. It’s convenient for GA (transport right outside the airport, easy all day ticket for buses/trams), and if you want to go to the bit with the nice restaurants etc. you just go down to St. Anne’s which is only a few minutes in the other direction.

Andreas IOM

How did the trip go, @gladio?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A mess.
Shortly after departure we had a major AP malfuction so we decided to diverted in Germany
The plane is a Cessna P210N Pressurized Centurion

Last Edited by Gladio at 26 Jan 07:12
LIPR, Italy

I’m planning trip to Blackpool this spring to visit my daughter who studies in Lancaster. Is renting car possible at the airport?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I guess so, I used Avis to rebt for a drive to the Lake District last year in May, they close Sunday all day and only open Saturday early morning, so it was a run against clock to get there for the car but they had a box to drop keys on return and their desk is near the main apron (airport is not a favourite unless you have to )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

You can also get the train from Squires Gate (easy walking distance from the airport) to Lancaster if you can’t do it during Avis opening hours. It takes about 1hr on the train via Preston.

Andreas IOM
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message