Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen 1-4 April 2020 (show cancelled)

I hope I can cancel my hotel reservations without charge. Too bad I was looking forward to getting a G650 and asking a ton of questions.

The vendors must be taking a big hit.

Boy did the WHO screw up. They should disband those clowns.

KHTO, LHTL

They may try running it later in 2020 when the dust settles, but this is difficult. On EuroGA fly-ins, if we set a backup date, nobody goes for it – presumably because everybody has made other arrangements and most people have a diary full for the next 6-12 months. Accordingly, I think it will be hard to get enough exhibitors to get their act together for say September.

Remember that Aero used to run every 2 years, until roughly 10 years ago.

OTOH, exhibitions is where most business comes from these days, because nobody reads printed media, and you can’t launch new products on google.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Corona virus discussion is in the virus thread

Administrator

Peter wrote:

OTOH, exhibitions is where most business comes from these days, because nobody reads printed media, and you can’t launch new products on google.

I beg to differ. At least in my industry these exhibitions are fun, but rather worthless. New products are launched online in discussion groups and ads and then demoed in small vendor presentations. Big trade shows are good for piss-ups but not really much else.

I assume you are talking about professional photo and movie equipment.

Well, yes. You have to work on the social media scene to get the desired exposure.

Whether trade shows actually sell stuff is debatable in the sense that very little product is sold from the exhibition stand, but they do produce press coverage and social media mentions. They keep your company name “up there”. Also one often arranges to meet up with valued customers at shows and entertain them suitably

Life was much easier when one could do everything with a 1/4 page advert in a magazine. Even the smallest business could launch itself like that.

Administrator

God I was just in a tram full of people. Then I transferred to a bus full of people in BP. How the authorities allowed such blatant cross contamination is beyond comprehension! We need China to control the masses from themselves. This free movement is dangerous.

I want my Aero back!

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

We need China to control the masses from themselves. This free movement is dangerous.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Too bad.
Coming back from a cruise in Dubaï-Oman-Abu Dhabi. Everything seems to go as usual there. I took the metro in Dubaï at peak hours, like sardines in a can. If I didn’t get it then, I will never get it. I am surprised by hysteria here at home !
Geta Thunberg will be happy, and people understand what it looks like when the planet is cooled down !
I booked a AirBnB at Friedrichshafen so I could still do it. I can cancel it (not for free) before March 18th.
I bet the prices will drop as a consequence of this corona hysteria.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

So I guess there is no more slot necessary to fly to EDNY.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I might not buy at the show but it gives me ideas. Today with everything interconnected with the different boxes you want to make sure it all plays together. Gone are the days when you bought a King or Collins Nav Com that lasted 30 yrs without touching it.

I wanted to see from Garmin how a GTN 650 as my #1 plays with my existing 430W and if I upgrade my G330 to a G345 how it all is displayed on my G600. I want to cross fed Nav data so one card could do the trick. It would have been great to talk to the Reps. Also what benefits could I get out of the Units here in Europe because some of my equipment is useless like TIS and XM radar etc.

I was looking to pick up a used GTN 650 but the price is so close to the brand new GTN 650XI which comes with a warrantee and a free update Im not sure its worth it. Other than saving a ton of money on the VAT.

So I think shows do serve a purpose even if you dont buy on the spot. I have gotten quotes and did the job later with the show discount.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 09 Mar 21:55
KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message