Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen 1-4 April 2020 (show cancelled)

Maybe they assumed Croatia was schengen Or you got a bus driver who didn’t ask where you came from.

The shuttle bus driver told us the UK had left the EU already (April 2019) Next time, I will tell him France… or Czech Rep which would actually be wholly accurate!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ll pretend to be Swedish

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We plan to go Wednesday 1st of April. Arriving in the morning, leaving at the end of the day.
A slot is needed but no date is published as when the slot reservation system is available.

here

We always have a nice meetup there. Restaurant Friday evening.

I don’t know when the slot booking opens.

Telegram group join link https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDhHkPSLEMNheMAAQOA

Administrator

I will be there, I have already booked an AIRBNB appartment for the four days.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Is it my imagination or is this Aero earlier than usual?

I wont be flying in just because they make it so damn aggravatingly difficult. But will make it there Thursday and Fri and join for dinner. It will nice to see everyone again. I dont want to do Sat because it will be more crowded and I have a project Im thinking about doing.

KHTO, LHTL

Aero is definitely earlier this year.

What I miss are booths where you can buy stuff. Last year I was looking for LED landing lights but I found none.

EBST, Belgium

C210_Flyer wrote:

I wont be flying in just because they make it so damn aggravatingly difficult.

I don’t know. I’ve been to AERO three times (2015, 2017, 2019) all times IFR and I didn’t find it difficult at all. The worst part was setting an early time on the alarm clock to reserve a slot just as the slot allocation opened.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I have been going since about 2007 and have found it a lot easier in recent years. But then I have avoided departing on the Saturday, which is manic for obvious reasons: the show closes Saturday pm and nobody wants to pay for the extra night in a hotel. Maybe a Saturday early morning is ok?

The show got much less busy when it moved to every year instead of every two years.

The flight plan nonsense is probably still there. You must file the FP so the ETA is within the slot you purchased.

One does not need 3 nights there. Arriving Friday lunchtime (doable from most of Europe), half a day walking around, EuroGA dinner Friday evening, a day walking around, depart Sunday morning (no slot needed on Sunday). One can easily walk around the whole place in 1.5 days, probably 3×. Little changes from year to year.

Does anyone know the date the slot allocation will open? I emailed them to ask, and emailed Felders restaurant re 3rd April (Friday) as we have done before.

Administrator

IIRC they used to open slot allocation two weeks before the fair, so I would expect mid-March.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message