Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen 1-4 April 2020 (show cancelled)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wonder whether AERO will happen this year.

The IWA trade fair in Nurnberg has just been postponed indefinitely, but that could just be because our industry has a rather well developed sense of social responsibility – compared to the aircraft and automobile industries, for example.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

This very big one in Spain was cancelled

With facebook pulled out, there is no life left

But €500M? Really?

Admittedly airline flight seems quite risky now, and most of these big shows involve a lot of “heavy partying” and other forms of corporate entertainment. However a lot of Aero visitors are coming by GA which doesn’t have that problem (doesn’t have the heavy partying problem either; GA pilots are mostly an unattractive lot ). I am happy to go. But, some exhibitors may pull out, because they are obviously at more risk, standing at the same spot.

Administrator

Jacko wrote:

The IWA trade fair in Nurnberg has just been postponed indefinitely, but that could just be because our industry has a rather well developed sense of social responsibility – compared to the aircraft and automobile industries, for example.

I didn’t know you were in the Arms Industry…

I always wanted to visit the IWA at one point but the opportunity hasn’t presented itself yet.

Given the current situation, I would not recommend to visit any kind of trade fair, anywhere…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

In the case of GA flying there and back, it depends on what you do. A visitor to Aero is mostly walking past people. There aren’t big crowds, especially since they went to every year instead of every two as it used to be 10+ years ago. You deffo want to avoid the greasy burger joint in the middle of the halls – massively crowded.

At a meeting or a restaurant, it depends on where the people come from. In Europe, N Italy is clearly a risk.

Administrator

I agree that individual trade show visitors risk little. For exhibitors the risk is somewhat higher. We did a show at the Birmingham NEC ten days ago – but that was ten days ago…

The problem is the international travel to and from these events – and the reputational damage to the industry when someone takes the virus home to Antarctica – currently the only CoV-free continent.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Geneva Motorshow cancelled…

EBST, Belgium

The 2020 Geneva Motor Show is canceled after the Swiss government banned gatherings of 1,000 people or more on Friday due to concerns over the coronavirus. The ban is effective immediately and runs at least until March 15th. The 90th edition of GIMS was scheduled to start next week.

If Aero is cancelled, we can still have a meet-up there. The area around the lake – near Hagnau – is really lovely and there is reasonably priced accommodation.

Administrator

I wouldn’t currently bet that Aero is gonna take place.
ITB, the tourism fair in Berlin, is now subject to Bild calling for cancellation.
And real estate mega swinger club MIPIM fair in Cannes will probably also be cancelled now that Cushman Wakefield has cancelled.
All the major corps are currently ramping up their business continuity plans last time updated after 9/11.
No manager will be seen as endangering his employees.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 28 Feb 15:44
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

According to the AERO website it is business as usual

Dear Exhibitors and Visitors,

We at Messe Friedrichshafen are continuously preoccupied with the consequences that coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on our events. As a company, we weigh the risks and opportunities of holding every event very carefully and rationally.

Naturally, we also pay close attention to the feedback and decisions of our customers. We know that you, as well, are examining very carefully whether your participation in our AERO Friedrichshafen will be as successful as we all hope, and whether the opportunities are worth the perceived risks.

Regarding your inquiries about coronavirus, we can assure you that provided medical services will, as always, be highly competent. Indeed, a whole series of measures will be implemented to ensure your safety. In addition to our proven emergency management system, these will include additional disinfectant dispensers positioned throughout the exhibition grounds. Heavy-traffic areas and surfaces, such as entrances, stairways and door handles will be cleaned even more frequently than usual.

Furthermore, we are in close and ongoing contact with the federal, state and local health authorities and are implementing all their directives.
__
Klaus Wellmann
CEO Messe Friedrichshafen
__
Roland Bosch,
AERO Directo

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message