Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen 1-4 April 2020 (show cancelled)

This year we might be able to get a decent slot in and out :-)

EBST, Belgium

Listening to the reasoning of our authorities who have just put paid the the Geneva Autoshow amongst others, it will all depend on the next 2-3 weeks. If infections are going down and protection measures show effects, things may well be back to normal by April. However, if they do not, shows will be the least of our worries by then. In that scenario, public transport may totally be banned and cross border traffic stopped altogether just on the travelling side of things.

I would not count on the Aero to take place. And even if it does, I would not be surprised if a lot of exhibitors will be missing. Most of them will take their decisions now and try to cut losses, so it could well end up with a cancellation due to lack of exhibitors.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The problem for exhibitors is that if they pull out they lose the quite substantial fees they have paid which should not be the case if the show is cancelled by the organisors.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The organisers could reduce the risk quite a bit (not completely) with thermal scanners at the entrance. That would weed out the people who are stupid enough to visit while having obvious symptoms of a flu.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

18th March is the slot booking date

https://aero-ppr.bodensee-airport.eu/login/loginstart.aspx

Due to GDPR regulation all user profiles created in previous years had to be deleted. It is therefore necessary to create a new account before slots can be booked. Account creation will be possible already one day before the slot system opens, i.e. starting 17th March.

Unbelievable!!! What a mad world we live in, for this “GDPR” interpretation.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Unbelievable!!! What a mad world we live in, for this “GDPR” interpretation.

Probably they don’t have appropriate way to protect data and I don’t remember reading any disclaimer last year, so they simply don’t want somebody to drag them around for that. I guess during this year’s account setting you’ll have to tick some consent.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

AERO now cancelled

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Aero is now postponed indefinitely.

https://www.aero-expo.com/aero-de/news/Messe-Friedrichshafen-verschiebt-Luftfahrtmesse-AERO.php

Only in German so far.

It appears that they will try to still do it at a later time. In any case not on the predicted dates.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Bugger.

Anyone still interested in a meet up?

Administrator

Exhibition is postponed .

Pegaso airstrip, Italy
Sign in to add your message