Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR to Ibiza LEIB feasibility

The only issue at the moment is you aren’t allowed to transit France, as the HMG have effectively blocked that now with this Amber Plus.

No – refuels are exempt. Only overnight stops are a problem.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Be careful with JetA1 trucks hook up fee even if using Cards (World Fuel, AirBP, Total), the fees cost more than full tanks on DA40 TDI, it’s better to pay with normal credit card or cash sometimes…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

I presume getting a TOTAL Fuel Card and Shell would be wise for any EuroTouring?

WorldFuel / UVAir (they seem to have merged) helps in some places but there is no rule you have to check every location. But the general trend is as soon as the airport does have airline traffic fuel card prices are often good. The other advantage with such cards is that you can fuel after you already paid the landing/handling charges without going back to the handling office etc. But on some locations medium 2 digit hook up fees might be charged and the less quantity you take the more it hurts…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Peter wrote:

No – refuels are exempt. Only overnight stops are a problem.

Well that’s somewhat good news. Doubt it’ll be like that come October though. Probably a different list.

So does refuels also allow defuel? Or is it a bottle/bucket at the back of the airplane and throw on the tarmac before departure lol

Ibra wrote:

Be careful with JetA1 trucks hook up fee even if using Cards (World Fuel, AirBP, Total), the fees cost more than full tanks on DA40 TDI, it’s better to pay with normal credit card or cash sometimes…

I’ve never had an issue with Shell/AirBP fees paying with a card. How do you avoid this and what’s the locations? What’s the JetA1 cost across Europe?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Sebastian_G wrote:

WorldFuel / UVAir (they seem to have merged) helps in some places but there is no rule you have to check every location. But the general trend is as soon as the airport does have airline traffic fuel card prices are often good. The other advantage with such cards is that you can fuel after you already paid the landing/handling charges without going back to the handling office etc. But on some locations medium 2 digit hook up fees might be charged and the less quantity you take the more it hurts…

Is there a way of finding this out before landing and getting stung? So WorldFuel is a fuel company or you can use that card on multiple operators? I don’t use Credit Card, but presume Debit card is acceptable for these euro-touring trips?

EGSG, United Kingdom

WorldFuels in Lille charged me a two digit fee but refunded after load of back and forth, a friend got the same with AirBP, the practice seems very popular when asking for the JetA fuel trucks, so worth getting a quote before…

Yes both credit & debit cards should be accepted, at least you know the price as you fuel it

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jul 20:23
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

How much are the handling costs for a DA40? 4A right? I presume I am looking at £100+ for a weeks stay, not £200-300? Do I email Iberia handling and just quote the bare basics as per that guide or is there more to it?

The “standard” option depends on the #of POB. For 2POB it will be about security+handling+landing+parking for one week about 60×2×2+150+25+15x7= say 500-600EUR

The IB option can be rather poor service in summer (you may be lucky, though) but you can get away for perhaps under EUR200 total, some 25EUR for the IB side of things. Procedure is a bit complex, I or someone else must have posted it already, but cant find it now. If you use it try and be polite (vs demanding) so we don’t risk a valuable (and value) asset for regulars.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Ibra wrote:

WorldFuels in Lille charged me a two digit fee but refunded after load of back and forth, a friend got the same with AirBP, the practice seems very popular when asking for the JetA fuel trucks, so worth getting a quote before…

Yes both credit & debit cards should be accepted, at least you know the price as you fuel it

So standard practice should be to email the fuel company ahead of my flight? Giving them my LDG time and EOBTs for my next routing? So at least they can or can’t cater for me along with getting a quote for my uplift of fuel? I’ve only once ever filled up abroad, and that was with AirBP.

Presume the fee is T2? (Airport Fee)

Antonio wrote:

The “standard” option depends on the #of POB. For 2POB it will be about security+handling+landing+parking for one week about 60×2×2+150+25+15x7= say 500-600EUR

The IB option can be rather poor service in summer (you may be lucky, though) but you can get away for perhaps under EUR200 total, some 25EUR for the IB side of things. Procedure is a bit complex, I or someone else must have posted it already, but cant find it now. If you use it try and be polite (vs demanding) so we don’t risk a valuable (and value) asset for regulars.

That’s a ludicrous price. Luckily I plan on going in October when the Ibiza traffic is far far less than it is in Summer. 500-600EUR, when you are probably walking across the Apron and walking straight to a taxi, is absurd. But EUR200 for a Major Intl Airport for a week isn’t. Presume you’ll be able to find me the procedure and the contacts for Iberia Ibiza? Presume parking is via the GA APN and Stand 90N-105N?

EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

hen you are probably walking across the Apron and walking straight to a taxi, is absurd. But EUR200 for a Major Intl Airport for a week isn’t. Presume you’ll be able to find me the procedure and the contacts for Iberia Ibiza?

It’s rarely that ’’simple’’ in the balearics. You will be picked up and get handling (clearing from airside to landslide) as you will be mixing with commercial passengers otherwise. What we need to understand is that they really don’t need our little puddle hoppers there, they deal with much more lucrative traffic for them on a daily basis and in a sense we are a nuisance to them. We’re tolerated, but not to the extend we can start making ’’demands’’ for that simple reason, the price will be what the price will be and in some cases that might be ‘’the price of the day’’ depending on how busy they are and how lenient they are going to be to tolerate ’’exceptions’’ to what they would make of the big boys.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Look up the EuroGA fly-in to Menorca and the details around that.

here
here

The Spanish handlers find ways to get around the legal requirement to provide “minimum handling”, by setting up cartels among the handlers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message