Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Multiple airports with same coordinates

Has anybody noticed this before?

That said, I cannot find EBMB in some other GPS nav programs so maybe the programmer just dropped them. EBMB is a military air base and perhaps GA never goes there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Basel is the same I believe with a Swiss and a French identifier

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Actually I looked in the last version of Navbox (2006 ) and that doesn’t appear to have EBMB at all.

Administrator

Looking at AIP-Belgium it seems that EBMB is the military terminal of EBBR. I.e. it is the same airport.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I guess Brussels/Basel will also have two towers? and two aprons? so why not two IDs?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

How do different flight planning apps resolve this?

I reckon some or most just dump the “irrelevant” airport, but Jeppesen (above screenshot) can’t because they are used by the military etc also.

Administrator

when I was at military, we were filling flight plans to EBMB, not EBBR.

LKKU, LKTB

EBMB is the military terminal, located in the old civilian terminal on the North side. Civilians moved to the new terminal probably by the World Expo in 1958. There is only one control tower. EBMB is where the C130 and soon Airbus AM400 are stationed and maintained.
The previous Brussels airport was were the old NATO headquarters are in Evere.

EBKT

LTFN and LTFC is one of several others. Basically a case of different terminals having different ICAO codes.

Administrator

Nordholz-Spieka EDXN and Nordholz AFB ETMN are two formally separate yet geographically linked airfields in Northern Germany. EuroGA user CharlieRomeo is based at EDXN, IIRC.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message