Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Social distancing from 1500 feet

airways wrote:

We need a Swedish fly-in. Seriously.

As long as we keep the social distance. :-) My club — like other Swedish clubs — is still flying, but we switched to distance teaching via webcast for the PPL ground school.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Let’s do one where we greet each other from inside our cockpits. Make sure to do the BBQ in-cockpit as well. High wing aircraft have the bonus of becoming fireworks.

ESME, ESMS

jfw wrote:

COVID-19: BASED ON THE PROTECTIVE MEASURES IN THE BELGIAN AIRSPACE

I wonder how many people have been infected by people in aircraft flying around in the Belgian airspace, and exactly how grounding VFR traffic is an effective “protective measure” ??

LSZK, Switzerland

It achieves nothing of course. Here at Lelystad up until Friday commercial training continued unabated – no social distancing and with many instructors/examiners in the risk group as regards age. I am given to understand that the police are now enforcing social distancing at the airport – solo flights only or with immediate family.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

1500 feet wasn’t enough so I decided to increase it by an order of magnitude today.

ESME, ESMS

Getting that Cessna asthmatic, are you ?

EBST, Belgium

At 12500’ I still had 500 FPM climb rate at 70-75 kt. It has a climb propeller and a 150 hp lycosaurus. I was surpriced as well.

ESME, ESMS

The atmosphere is perfect for flying these days. Of course we get grounded. Volcanic-ash drama all over again :-/

EBST, Belgium

Last Edited by ivark at 31 Mar 16:14
EETU, Estonia

@Dimme,
I hear in the news that Sweden is the only country in Europe trying to apply logic and wisdom to the Virus drama. And since at the same time I am really fed up with half-measures that are being applied across the board AND being told once again by the government that “this is not the time to think about alternatives” (I wonder when is ?), …
I am considering to move to Sweden permanently. Any recommendations? Good place, nicest airport, best weather year round.

AJ
Germany
Sign in to add your message