Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zagreb LDZA

From here

Thanks! On the subject of LDZA, I have read a pirep according to which they have seriously hiked the prices, from about 100€ to about 230€ For a day stop in a small SEP. Can you confirm?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I can’t confirm that because my last bill was as usual (February this year). However, there’s new price list from March 30th 2020 but I didn’t see much difference to the old one:

New price list at LDZA local copy

Briefly checking the document: landing fee up to 3 tons MTOW is EUR 30 – the same as it used to be, parking is EUR 2 or 3 per day – the same, departing passenger charge is EUR 7.50 or 17.50 (domestic/international flight) and handling is EUR 50. Add 25% VAT on top of that. I would say small SEP (depending on how many passengers) should be between EUR 105 (no passengers) and 170 (three passengers).

But it seems they introduced some new fee for using general aviation terminal (some 50 EUR or even more)… I will check and report.

Last Edited by Emir at 07 Apr 21:02
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@boscomantico your information is partially correct. The terminal has recently been totally rebuilt and someone came to idea to introduce new fees to speed up return of investment. However, it’s not mandatory but if you use it then you have to pay it. The service is 50 EUR for crew and 75 EUR per passenger and it includes mini van ride to/from the aircraft, using lounge at GA terminal etc. It looks similar to situation in Spain… if you require minimum handling, you’ll get it but if you don’t, you will get everything and you’ll be charged accordingly. So your friend probably thought it was traditional hospitality but actually it was silent sales of new service.

Attached you can find price list.

MZLZ_GATPL_all_51219_pdf

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks. What a confusing, obscure document! It almost seems this is deliberate….
From a cursory look, it does not really seem there is a procedure by which one can renounce to the GAT usage, at least not if you have any passengers, no?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Apr 12:23
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

So 3 on board will be charged 2 * 3 * 75,00 plus all other charges?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I have read the letter with the offer of the GAT. I wonder who needs something like that. After landing I want to leave the airport quickly, before departure I want to get to the plane as soon as possible.

Berlin, Germany

So 3 on board will be charged 2 * 3 * 75,00 plus all other charges?

If you decide to enjoy hospitality offered in GA lounge

I’m also under impression that the idea was to catch naive pilots/passengers and charge them massively for spending 5 minutes in lounge and accepting coffee.

Since Croatia started six-months EU presidency, GA terminal was rebuilt to prepare for increased number of politicians arriving through this terminal, charging all of them according to this price list. And they were doing quite ok until Covid pandemic stopped these flights.

From today GA terminal at LDZA is closed until further notice.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

From a cursory look, it does not really seem there is a procedure by which one can renounce to the GAT usage, at least not if you have any passengers, no?

I had to send additional mail to check whether this service was mandatory or not. The reply was: “The service is not mandatory but if crew uses GA service in any way, it will be charged.”

I didn’t bother to check if using toilet counts as well.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s a pity. I’ve landed there a few times over the years. A very nice friendly airport.

The cost won’t stop once-every-few-years visitors but will reduce regulars greatly, and then the management will think GA has no interest in coming and gradually push prices up to the bizjet territory, and they pay any price unless it is well into 4 digits.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bizjets are their target – no hassle, usually they just land, unload, sometimes stay day or two, refuel and fly away. No countless emails about pricing, parking arrangements, technical landings, discount negotiations… like the rest of us

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message