Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Airports Database

Heading towards 300…

My problem is that I am running of t-shirts I have no M, no L, but plenty of XL and XXL.

So ideally we need lots of XL and XXL pilots to post nice reports with photos!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Safari issue has been fixed. What was happening was that merely uploading photos (without changing any other data) would fail to un-grey the Submit button. It’s a mystery why Safari executes javascript differently. I asked a number of people to look at it but nobody could work it out.

Uploading photos with Safari works fine using the file picker function, and of course drag/drop does not work on any full-screen-every-app device anyway.

Chrome and Firefox are fine on all platforms.

Drag/drop does not work on Safari. We had it working with some subtle Safari version dependence; googling suggests a lot of stuff was broken in some recent version. Drag/drop seems to work from a directory (folder) but not from the bottom bar. So file transfer from Safari needs to be done with the Choose Files button.

Having spent a load on this already I am reluctant to spend more money on supporting Safari with its many bugs. One apparent solution is a library called Dropzone but that just moves the issues to a 3rd party library which costs a fortune to integrate, and a fortune to hack around every time something breaks…

Administrator

We now display a “picture” icon next to each report which contains pictures. Also the next/prev buttons no longer move around when browsing the pages

Administrator

We are now at 299 reports. Who is gonna be #300?

Administrator

Just done Elstree…

EGTR

Peter wrote:

We are now at 299 reports. Who is gonna be #300?

Hey, no cheating! There are two reports for “TEST”

One flown with Concorde, no less!

Last Edited by Berto at 27 Jul 11:00
EBZW

Aha well spotted Back to 298 now.

Unfortunately no new t-shirt candidates (10 reports with photos) but also I have no M or L left, a couple XL and a number of XXL.

Administrator

New feature on the airports database: you can get a listing of your own contributions

Obviously that button appears only if you are signed-in.

Administrator

New feature on the airports database: you can contribute as a Guest, without creating a EuroGA forum profile.

If you go to Create a New Entry, and are not logged in, it offers you either a normal login, or continue as Guest.

To prevent abuse, the record created by a Guest is invisible until approved by admin.

For nontrivial reasons, a Guest cannot edit such records afterwards, because the system doesn’t know who it was So those here who have EuroGA profiles, best to avoid this mode because even if you do login afterwards you still won’t be able to edit it.

Administrator

Is there an easy way to get a URL to the AIP for a given airport ICAO code?

I realise one could set up a login to EAD and scrape it out of there, but it probably breaks their terms and conditions, and the traffic may get noticed and cause a blacklist of that client machine.

I also realise Germany (and others?) does not publish its VFR AIP for free.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message