Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Airports Database

We have done some tests on MacOS.

Choose Files on Safari doesn’t show the thumbnail after file selection, but otherwise works. Drag/drop doesn’t appear to work on Safari.

I will get it looked at.

Firefox works ok, except for a documented issue that if say you are uploading 4 pics, you have to do all 4 in one operation, not d&d 2 and then d&d 2 more.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I believe Safari on an Ipad works ok, curiously. Even drag/drop worked when someone tested it, when in the split screen mode. I wonder if anyone would like to test it?

The other request is done now also

Administrator

There is a feature for plotting the airports you have been to, from a text file containing an ICAO code per line. Currently it doesn’t have a user interface; you have to send me the file. See here.

If there is interest I could get it done properly.

Administrator

Someone asked whether it is worth doing a report on an airport where one was years ago.

I think it is worth doing particularly if you have nice photos. These are timeless.

I have just done one on Kithira LGKC which is arguably Greece’s most beautiful island

Administrator

Just a few short of 250 now

Could everyone please add a report on their base airfield? Just type “Based” in the # of hours stayed. Put some pics in; that really makes it a lot nicer.

https://airports.euroga.org

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Could everyone please add a report on their base airfield?

I don’t understand the utility of that. Based people are not in a position to know how non-based people are treated, how easily a PPR is obtained, handling costs, price of fuel to non-contract people (based people often have a post-paid contract with the local fuel company), etc.

ELLX
  • it is not my experience that people don’t know how their base treats visitors
  • even people who fly very little can do a report on their base

250 reports now!

I wondered about adding in places like the Italian Avioportolano (there is a database out there) but there are so many (about 500) that we would need to add selectable layers to the maps.

Administrator

It was the first thing I’ve done. Like Peter, I do think that a based pilot can contribute lots of information that is useful or interesting to visitors.

Don’t forget about the possibility to add text, which can be used to describe aspects of the airport that the preexisting form doesn’t cover.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

3 different types of background maps now: OSM (the default), Bing, and Mapbox. The last two have terrain.

Administrator

We now have a proper user interface for plotting the airports you have been to – here

Just upload a text file containing the codes.

You end up with a custom URL which you can send to someone and that URL will plot your airport list.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message