Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A little outing from Shoreham EGKA to Mali Losinj LDLO, as soon as GA restrictions made it possible

I am looking for one more trip like the above, before the UK implements its own quarantine on 8th June. Any ideas? Has to be an almost totally virus-free location, with somewhere to eat and preferably somewhere to stay. I do have a tent but usually if hotels are closed so are campsites and for example Croatia wanted to see a hotel confirmation before they would let me in.

In the meantime here is the video from the Losinj trip

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I am looking for one more trip like the above, before the UK implements its own quarantine on 8th June. Any ideas? Has to be an almost totally virus-free location, with somewhere to eat and preferably somewhere to stay.

I know you prefer more southerly locations, but the East Frisian islands are all open again and have not had any local infections AFAIK (travel was very limited until very recently and is only slowly picking up now). Several of them, e.g. Borkum, Juist, Norderney, have hard runways of decent quality and length but no instrument approaches.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

I have just heard all of Germany is closed to the UK.

I am planning Krk LDRI but the wx looks unclear for the return, so I will decide finally tomorrow morning.

Administrator

Mali Losinj packed with traffic today. Peter is an influencer and should get paid by airports :-)

LPFR, Poland

Looking at the registrations I am not surprised. Those countries are on EuroGA heavily and always were

It is an accepted fact with the staff at LDLO and LDSB that EuroGA put these airports on the map of light GA, starting with around 2014.

Do enjoy your time there. I wish I could do another trip like this but currently I am stuffed by both the wx and the quarantine.

Administrator

I have been there from the 29th of May as well as two other EuroGA members.
Looks like we could have done a small meeting if we knew from each others

Make sure you visit the herb garden and get some lavender and geranium oils

Administrator

Went to LDSB yesterday after LDLO 3 weeks ago, was just great. But it is just amazing how much airport staff they have for 1-4 GA planes each day.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

@Sir_Percy

I have been there from the 29th of May as well as two other EuroGA members.
Looks like we could have done a small meeting if we knew from each others

In have made an announcement in advance here at Ad hoc fly-ins. So we met the other German crew at LDLO.

EDDS , Germany

Missed that one :-(
I will be smarter next time

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message