Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LCLK and overfly Turkey

Hello,
We did come up with the crazy idea to fly to Cyprus, LCLK in autumn from Germany. We would probably come from Bulgaria or so all IFR, overfly Turkey and land at LCLK with a N-reg plane. Does anbody have experience if this is possible at all? Do we need some special permissions? Any recent experiences with LCLK also regarding 1 week or so parking?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Check the turkish AIP. No problem to overfly IFR. Add „ECAC flight“ to remarks.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Check this out. It is publicly available on Jeppesen website, no piracy here.

bulletinjep_06_01_pdf

ESME, ESMS

Sebastian_G wrote:

Hello,
We did come up with the crazy idea to fly to Cyprus, LCLK in autumn from Germany. We would probably come from Bulgaria or so all IFR, overfly Turkey and land at LCLK with a N-reg plane. Does anbody have experience if this is possible at all? Do we need some special permissions? Any recent experiences with LCLK also regarding 1 week or so parking?

No problem for such flight in my experience. I believe @lmsl1967 has more info about LCLK (if he still visits EuroGA).

BTW Do you have any plans on extending ADL radar coverage to that area?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

BTW Do you have any plans on extending ADL radar coverage to that area?

There is some radar data for Turkey. Currently there is not much demand for it but I will try to eventually add it. I would have to check if that also covers Cyprus or if the radar beam stops at the FIR boundary ;-)

Dimme wrote:

Check this out. It is publicly available on Jeppesen website.

Great info, a bit like Kindergarten but in the end apparently not a major problem to deal with.

So I will inquite about the airport details for the airports in Cyprus. At least Google maps shows quite a number of GA planes so not too bad.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Morning

I am still here, just a bit out of the aviation world due to heavy professional engagement. I left Cyprus in September 2018 and I have currently the plane in LPSR with a new German registration (what a nightmare to make the transition). I had a Cyprus registration and home base in LCLK so no major requirements other than mandatory handling for international flights which I was using my mechanic. For foreign registrations I am not aware for the procedures but follow the AIP or I can give you the contact of the handling (nice one and not expensive) to support you on that.

Be aware that no in or out flights from Turkey are allowed from both sides for political reasons.

LPSR, Portugal

Looks like the best way to Cyprus is from Sitia or Iraklion on Crete, or Rhodes if you want to make a €400 donation to Fraport

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sebastian_G wrote:

There is some radar data for Turkey.

I am sure you are aware of this site:

https://www.mgm.gov.tr/eng/radar.aspx

It does cover all of Cyprus as well as parts of Bulgaria and Greece. I’ve been using it for years for the southeastern coast of Bulgaria.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@Sebastian_G

Did you get my PM?

always learning
LO__, Austria

There is some radar data for Turkey. Currently there is not much demand for it but I will try to eventually add it. I would have to check if that also covers Cyprus or if the radar beam stops at the FIR boundary ;-)

According to RainViewer application there’s sufficient coverage in area and Cyprus has its own radars although Turkish ones also cover its territory.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message