Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LCLK and overfly Turkey

Peter wrote:

Looks like the best way to Cyprus is from Sitia or Iraklion on Crete, or Rhodes if you want to make a €400 donation to Fraport

Initially I also assumed so but actually a route like this seems to be better. Refuel cheap in Bulgaria or super cheap in Serbia (currently 0,35 EUR liter JetA1 with all taxes!)

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I am sure you are aware of this site:

https://www.mgm.gov.tr/eng/radar.aspx

It does cover all of Cyprus as well as parts of Bulgaria and Greece. I’ve been using it for years for the southeastern coast of Bulgaria.

I used this one when flying in Turkey, combined with ADL for infrared images but it’s accesible only when on ground. In-flight mobile data (3G, 4G) is practically impossible in Turkey due to high MEA and mountainous terrain.

Last Edited by Emir at 05 Jun 08:21
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Sebastian_G wrote:

Initially I also assumed so but actually a route like this seems to be better. Refuel cheap in Bulgaria or super cheap in Serbia (currently 0,35 EUR liter JetA1 with all taxes!)

I would make a stop in Plovdiv LBPD rather than in Sofia LBSF. A bit down the road but much easier, smaller and friendlier. In normal situation they have few CAT operations weekly, so traffic is practically non-existent.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Coming back to this project for October 2022. It seems the airports available are LCPH and LCLK. Does anybody have recent experiences? Unfortunately not much information online but both aiports have AVGAS so there must be some planes using it.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian

Contact Spiros at LCLK.

+357 99 66 26 17

Nice and considerable cheap required handling and will provide you with all info you need.

BR

Luis

LPSR, Portugal

LCPH, EDT Handling (Superb!)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hi Sebastian,

I have no plans for October 2022 at present, but wouldn’t mind knowing which dates you plan? I am off on 7th to 15th of October 2022 (At the moment)

Sebastian_G wrote:

Coming back to this project for October 2022. It seems the airports available are LCPH and LCLK. Does anybody have recent experiences? Unfortunately not much information online but both aiports have AVGAS so there must be some planes using it.
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Finally the trip to LCPH is about to happen, the airport with handling agent etc. is all sorted. Has anybody lately flown over Turkey? I understand you can not land in Turkey and then fly to (south) Cyprus and they do not hand you over on the radio. But besides that are any permissions required for the Turkey overflight or simply file an Eurocontrol IFR plan and go?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Great news!

Put „ECAC private flight“ in RMK section. File and go.

Are you entering via TOMSI? I suggest EVENO DASNI TOBAL instead, only skimming LTAA FIR via RDS because doing so you avoid the Ercan/Nicosia Situation (involving „yes and amen“ on both COM1 and 2, unusual but it’s fine).

RDS UM601 EVENO M601 DASNI W195 TOBAL M32 PHA

Tune PHA VOR early on, you’ll lose GPS at the worst possible moment during arrival. Never happens during departure (probably cause one is lower).

Raise one for me at „Oniro by the Sea“. Reach out for more island intel anytime.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sebastian_G

Could you please tell us about Larnaca Airport. I am planning to fly to Cyprus in 3 weeks and there is very little useful info out there about the airports.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message