Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LCLK and overfly Turkey

some of the Baltic states like Montenegro/Albania

You probably meant Balkan

Btw that’s strange, I’ve never had such restrictions. IIRC some 10+ years ago I had to ask the extension for Asian part of Turkey but whole Europe have always been included.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The most efficient route

Go via LGIR (no Turkey overflight).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Will pause this bit of the trip to next year I feel. There’s a lot to plan for this, insurance for Turkey as only overflights are allowed.

The most efficient route looks to be, via Czech, Slovakia/Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and then Cyprus.

Anyone else’s insurance not cover Turkey, some of the Baltic states like Montenegro/Albania?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I recommend EDT as well, a very well run operation!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hi Robbie!

If there’s no specific reason to use LCLK, then I suggest you arrive in LCPH instead. In that case, the best handling is EDT Hangar Services. If, though, you insist visiting LCLK, then Airmotive is the way forward.

Send me PM to share with you direct contact details for either airport.

Regards,

George

LCPH, Cyprus

Looking to fly in April – presume LGS Handling or Airmotive? Got any contacts or where I’d start.

Is the local CAA organised via the handler?

EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

I went to Paphos in Summer many years ago. The terminal is so overloaded with the sheer number of people.

Actually it was good. On arrival the luggage pick up area was deserted with only us in there. On departure they have been a few people going through security but no issue. I just recommd using yellow vests. In the old days you did need a pilots uniform and today it is a yellow vest so normal passengers are not offended when you get inserted at the front of the queue for security ;-)

pilotrobbie wrote:

Paphos in Summer

I talked to the local sailors, looked at the weather and the general bottom line is to travel in fall. In summer it gets so hot it is hard to stand and most probably the crowd can get horrible. We sat in nice harbour restaurants but imagining all their tables filled the place would turn to hell.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thanks for the writeup. Maybe next time try Larnaca to compare. They have a decent private terminal with a large lounge and fridge with complimentary drinks. We used Swissport there and there was a Lady with a swissport vest, so I guess not LGS. They had a van too.

LPFR, Poland

Sounds like an epic trip. I see you also didn’t mention the usual weather up the Adriatic. Was clear both ways?

Sebastian_G wrote:

Paphos has not GAT so you get handled through the commercial terminal. Even large baggage gets put on a belt and will be delivered to the aircraft. We even got our own gate with a reasonably sized bus for 2 people:

I went to Paphos in Summer many years ago. The terminal is so overloaded with the sheer number of people. So much so, that ATC delay inbound aircraft due to the problems. It doesn’t look too bad in the picture, was it rammed?

EGSG, United Kingdom

Awesome trip Sebastian! Great to hear you enjoyed it.

always learning
LO__, Austria
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message