Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to Italy, and LIRU notam

I am planning a trip to Italy next month. During the preparation I came across this Notam:

Traffic is subject to limitations and restrictions content in specific ministerial decree and relevant NOTAM in force REF AIP AD 2 LIRU 1-1

Does anybody know where I can find the referred documents?

Also LIRU ist closed at the moment. Will it reopen after 24.6. ?

You can access the Italian AIP online, by registering here: https://www.enav.it/sites/public/en/Corporate/Registration.html

I think the document you’re referring to is this one ADSRU1_1_pdf

EHLE, EDLS, Netherlands

What makes you think the airport is closed ?
I dont find anything saying that.
It is somewhat restricted in time at both ends, only.

EDM_, Germany

Isn’t it the same document as LI_AD_2_LIRU_en.pdf on Eurocontrol Portal?

EGTR

@ch.ess You made me reread the Notam which said AD CLOSED but later says DAILY 530-0600 …
My fault .. and thank you!

I had taken a look a the AIP, but it doesn‘ t contain anything about Corona limitations and why do they explicitly refer to the AIP in a Notam ? .., and what is the specific ministerial decree?

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 22 Jun 21:04

…good questions.
I have long given up trying to understand Italian bureaucracy and found I haven’t missed anything (AFAIK ;-) )
Read notam, send email to AD announcing your arrival incl. ETA and go ;-)

EDM_, Germany

I visited LIRU last week. No restrictions, all very friendly and straight forward though quite busy in the air. In fact try as I might there was no one there to accept payment of landing fees. If you are visiting Rome as a tourist you will love it if you enjoy peace and quiet. Just remember to book online if visiting monuments or museums.

LFMD - Cannes

That is good news – thank you very much !!

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message