Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European airports that doubled their fees for visiting SEPs recently

The list is growing and growing. I won’t put here those cases which are more than a couple of years old (like the Fraport story in Greece).

Some of these didn’t quite double their fees, others went all-in and tripled or even quadrupled their fees charged to SEPs on typical stops.
In many cases, they use the infamous “h” word to justify it, although, after all, handling is just another landing fee.

Of course, I might be missing a few (and won’t be putting banal cases where the fees went from 10 to 20€)…

Dortmund
Berlin-Schönefeld
Leipzig
Maastricht
All Swedavia airports
Cannes (if parking asphalt)
Calvi
Marseille
Tallinn
Dubrovnik
Zagreb
Geneva
Charleroi
Ostend
Jersey
Guernsey
Poznan
Anholt

I find it a bit depressing. On the other hand, if a typical (owner) pilot does 20 stops at such airports in a year, and each of them is now 50 Euos more than previously, then we are talking “only” 1000 Euros more (an amount often spent on some silly maintenance or exhange part…). But still, it feels bad to pay double for something that used to work fine for much less money for many years…

Anyone have any other ones to add? (Only if you are sure the increase did really take place and cannot be avoided, please.)

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jul 17:46
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Gerona. I think I paid € 15 in 2002.

EBST, Belgium

Sure, but that (AENA airports) happened almost 10 years ago now. Looking for recent cases.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jul 18:03

Biggin Hill EGKB

What are the numbers for Guernsey?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Oh yes, totally forgot about Biggin.

Guernsey is one of the least bad cases, but still. Now 46 pounds (without any parking). A few years ago, they (ASG) didn‘t charge any handling fee at all, then 10 and now 20 pounds on top of the landing fees. Effectively doubled in a few years.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jul 19:09

Is this perhaps mixing up MTOWs in some cases? At 1500kg there is sometimes a big hike. An SR22 could pay 1.5x more than a TB20.

This is why the EuroGA airport database has an MTOW field; without that any cost info is of marginal use.

Of course dramatic hikes like the 5x to 10x due to Fraport are there regardless.

The Guernsey hike must be very recent.

Biarritz is another really big one (10x?) but I don’t know when they did it.

Administrator

No… 46 quid is for a little PA28.

You should get Skydemon; even if you don‘t want to use it for flying, the pireps contained therein are almost worth the money alone…

I would never act (or not act) on such data; I always check with the airport, if I think it might matter. Not going to pay £100/year. Also I fly mostly outside its regular customer base area

Administrator

Prestwick Airport, EGPK. Fee for an instrument approach without landing is £0, which is twice what it used to be just a couple of months ago.

It’s outrageous really, given that as UK taxpayers we bought the place for a pound – but I’ve heard that LFAC approaches cost twice as much again.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

What changed in Marseille ? I went last year and it certainly wasn’t cheap, has it gone worse?

EGTF, LFTF
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message