Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tankosh and request for info on Border crossings etc...

PuF (Pilot und Flugzeug) is a high-end German pilot magazine and its web forum is 40% personal attacks, 40% off-topic blabla and 10% useful information. That still makes it the best German speaking resource together with flightforum.ch.

Flightforum is Swiss and has some sections which can be of interest to pilots, one dedicated GA section and several other "real world" sections. The rest is for spotters an simmers. It is pretty good all over for Swiss issues but has in recent years attracted quite a lot of non Swiss posters which makes some issues a bit confused (especcially when lawyers of different countries argue about what is allowed and what not).

PuF is probably the best GA mag in the German speaking area. It's forum is a not very sophisticated affair (in terms of technology, much more basic than this one or UBB type fora) and has relatively few but quite knowledgable posters. I'd think that talking of a SNR of 90% Noise to 10% useful is not quite cricket, I'd rate it much higher. What is there in good info however is mostly very good.

At the moment, these are the 3 Fora I frequent (FF, PuF and Euroga). Euroga is a very welcome breath of fresh air in terms of participants and the way people deal with each other, I hope it will remain that way but it has a lot to do how many participants are there. FF has become way too big for it's capacity and therefore attracts a lot of "characters" by now, which severely impairs quality at times.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message