Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Frankfurt Hahn EDFH

Does anyone has experience with EDFH for GA? I need refueling stop (Jet A1) in Germany in that area with immigration.

Last Edited by Emir at 23 Aug 05:50
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have never been there, but it is known to be expensive. But for refueling purposes you might choose different places. I.E. EDDR or EDRK or, depending on your endurance and routing, EDFM, although with a multi engine you will have a bit of hazel due of the regulations there.

EDDS , Germany

Err, I would always avoid refuelling with Jet A in Germany, cause it‘s so expensive.

Especially if you were considering Hahn, then it will be just 20 minutes more to go to some place in Belgium, where Jet A is ~1€/litre.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I could use Belgium but due to Covid limitations, Germany looks easier as fuel stop on way to UK.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Ok. in that case, consider sonething else anyway. Those (few) who went there recently say it‘s slow, expensive (200€+) and I am not aware the jetfuel is significantly cheaper than in other places in Germany.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Of course don’t know where you’re going, but have you considered SIEGERLAND EDGS ? It’s many years ago now, but I used that frequently as a fuel / food / immigration stop flying between the UK and Central Europe. Great place, very friendly and efficient, the fire guys do the immigration bit (1 hour notice) and customs can be arranged on 24h notice.

Depending on where you are going in UK Hof-Plauen EDQM can be a good fuel stop. IFR, long hours, nice people, Customs O/R, Jet-A currently 1.56€/l all-in.

mri
LFSB, LFGA, Switzerland

If you choose EDFM despite the annoying regulations Peter rightly mentioned, I’ll come over and invite you to an alcohol free beer!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thanks everyone for great tips!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Few days ago I emailed EDFH to check prices for refueling but haven’t received any reply. That’s pretty strange for a German airport, particularly because they specifically advertise GA terminal. It seems I’ll remove it from my list of potential refueling points. EDFM filed as alternate for my EGNH EBLG tomorrow’s flight.

Last Edited by Emir at 10 Jun 10:47
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message