Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Short trip to LIPV - Venice

Haha! 18€ for two cups of coffee at the Giardini Reali beginning of June But really no tourists back then.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Nice trip & timing, looks like Venice is just 2h down the road !

eddsPeter wrote:

A great day and no need to go to Venice. For my friend @terbang: the espresso during the day was between 1 und 3 Euros, so regarding this, it might have been a perfect idea to stay on the smaller islands, as we drink so much Espresso during the day. ;-)

Someone who knows what he wants

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Jujupilote wrote:

How did your wife reacted to your engine failure btw ? Many would be scared forever.

She is relaxed. We went to LFRQ together on the first day after I got the plane with the new engine back. She loves to got to places and enjoys the short times we need to reach them.

@Airborne_Again wrote:

Going to continental Europe, in 2 hours I’m only little more than halfway from leaving Sweden!

That is the advantage being based in the middle of Central Europe. But don‘t ask how long it will take us to go to, let‘s say Kiruna (ESNQ). ;-)

Last Edited by eddsPeter at 08 Sep 06:05
EDDS , Germany

Jujupilote wrote:

In 2 hours time, I can’t even reach the Atlantic coast

Going to continental Europe, in 2 hours I’m only little more than halfway from leaving Sweden!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It seems so simple in your post !
In 2 hours time, I can’t even reach the Atlantic coast
Great story and pics.
How did your wife reacted to your engine failure btw ? Many would be scared forever.

LFOU, France

Beautiful trip. It’s a really nice place. We had a EuroGA fly-in there May 2019 and it was a wash-out; lots of rain. Only a small group arrived.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looks wonderful! Thank you!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Thank you for the nice report. I was in LIPV in the last week of August, but with a 4 year old in tow the program was a little less cultural (direct to the beach on LIDO), so thanks for the pictures of what I missed ;)

Last Edited by Snoopy at 06 Sep 19:28
always learning
LO__, Austria

Nearly everybody told us during the last weeks, that nobody is in Venice at the moment. So it seems to be the best time for a visit. Finally we should have asked ourself beforehand how this could be possible, as we know so many people who have been there during the last weeks, And when going on the completely overcrowded Vaporetto from Lido to Venice we knew, that there was something wrong. ;-)

But let‘s start at the beginning. Last week I have had a short glimpse on the weatherman for Venice by hazard and it showed perfect weather for the whole weekend. So we decided to go there from Friday to Saturday and I booked a nice apartment on the Murano island via AirBnB. Good choice. On Friday we startet around 10 o’clock and lew VFR via the Reschen to Venice. Nice flight and only 1:40 hours. Just a short hopp.

Lago di Garda – it looks like the lake is going directly to the sea.

All in all the flight was absolutely uneventful. We enjoyed the panoramic views and had an absolute something ride without any turbulence.
But after landing it got turbulent. We had to get the fiver checked, then the Guardian Financia came to check how many money we are taking to Italy. This was a mega surprise, because I thought Italy is part of Schengen, but ist looks like they do really worry about it. I should the guy the 80 € I have had with me and he nearly couldn’t believe, so Christiane showed her cash too. But not enough, when leaving Lido today, they asked us again. Does anybody has a clue what this was for?
Finally it took us some time and then we went to take boat No. 18 to Murano direct. But we where now twenty minutes to late. This boat make a four hours siesta. So we had to walk a bit further to the next boat spot to take the 5.2 to Venice and from there to Murano. It was a good choice, although the boat was completely overcrowded, impossible to maintain the 1,5 meter distance, we hat an nice trip around Venice and got really nice views. Especially nice, because this was our only time we spend at Venice, because afterwards we decided to stay at Murano and Burano this time.

Piazza San Marco

The cementry island.
Murano is famous about glas. So everywhere you can see glas. And it is fantastic. We spend the whole Friday afternoon by walking around and have a look. But then we were hungry and our host Marco recommended the restaurant B to us. Now we recommend it to you. Excellent.

Saturday we visited the colored houses of Burano, another island in the Laguna. Nothing but the house but worth the trip.

Then we went back to Murano to visit the glas museum, and as the Venice Glas Week started just that day we visited an extraordinarily beautiful exhibition.

A great day and no need to go to Venice. For my friend @terbang: the espresso during the day was between 1 und 3 Euros, so regarding this, it might have been a perfect idea to stay on the smaller islands, as we drink so much Espresso during the day. ;-)
Normally we would have used the Sunday also for our visit and going back in the early afternoon, but the weather over the alps made me worry a bit. To much Thunderstorms and nearly no way to go VFR. So I planed a western routing IFR on FL 160 for the morning, and it worked out well. We were exactly above clouds all the time and as an extra we got a wonderful boat trip in the morning. It was so quiet and the light was spectacular.

The departure at LIPV was easygoing. We were cleared 2000 ft and immediately Venice approach routed us directly to VIC an the request to climb FL 140 was approved. Milano accepted my FL 160 request later on and we got some nice shortcuts. So all in all we had only 2:12 hours flight time. This was quite good, because first some headwind and the routing itself was longer then on the way down to Venice.

EDDS , Germany
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message