Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report: Portoroz and Lido in a loaded 172

Very nice trip @Snoopy

ESME, ESMS

Thanks Snoopy. Sounds like a great trip, and reading it brought back happy memories of LJPZ.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Great trip ! Try to put less things every day, or ask a passenger to manage the leisure activites.
I am somewhat reassured to read an experienced airline pilot describe the same issues than me. It only comes with practice. Next time, your passengers will know what to expect too.
Yes the Cessna is great in the heat ! Yours look like a great performer. Great load and speed !

LFOU, France

What is the exact empty weight of this 172M? With that engine and all the goodies, I would expect about 740kgs? That would leave 300 kgs for fuel, pax and stuff, which of course makes it an absolute short range family tourer at most…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Sep 07:49
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

735 kg DOW.
Full fuel works with
Pilot 84kg
Pax 53kg
Pax Child 16kg
and 40kg bags.
It’s a nice two seater like all the 172s. The reduced burn helps a bit for short trips with 3 adults. DA40NG is still better in that regard.

Funny you mention it, my family increased by 1 more member today early morning. Need a proper 5 seater now ;)
C182 with rear bench perhaps?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

my family increased by 1 more member today early morning

Congrats!

Congratulations!

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

Funny you mention it, my family increased by 1 more member today early morning. Need a proper 5 seater now ;)
C182 with rear bench perhaps?

Congrats, C182 with JETA & 5 seat conversion TBH on a 2h max trip with family & 2 kids a C172 with 4POB is more than enough, way better than C182 with 1POB

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Sep 10:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thank you!
It was N° 3 in sequence, hence 5 seats required.
Touchdown 0402Z, landing weight 3,4kg, length 51cm.
Offline now ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Great report and great pics! And nice aircraft as well

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message