Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Three enjoyable days of Italy in September

Yes agree BRS has more use cases than just dead engine landings and it’s indeed very capable beast (my envy of that up to 1200lbs UL and 400m grass roll )

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Oct 18:21
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@boscomantico
All you say is (almost) true :-)

182T is not the hauler 182s used to be.
With full fuel, I do have 245kg before MTOW. MLW is also 66kg below MTOW which is often disregarded.

Clealry, speed is not where it shines. 135-140 KTAS above FL70 is what to expect in real life.
12GPH is a bit high it seems. Peter manages to get much less with more horsepower :-) Around FL100, you should see something like 10,5-11GPH at peak – LOP not being a problem on that engine.

When I chose to buy my 182 – and I was really unexperimented – I liked the safety aspects of the 182: gentle handling, low take off and landing speeds, BOTH fuel tank selector. Later, I decided to go even farther, and lost 2-3kts in exchange with vortex generators. It is the poor man’s chute

G1000 is not that bad. As everybody knows, going WAAS is a pain, although not impossible.
You get a good (reliable in my experience) integrated avionics, with possibility to add fancy stuff: Jeppview, TAWS, SVT and of course TAS. Your friend seems to have almost everything installed.
As an unexperimented pilot, I found it to be a good platform to get Instrument Rating. Since then, as i don’t fly tons of hours every year, but acquired a deep knowledge of the system, found it to be a good copilot for IFR flights.

Last two things not widely known:
- Cessna chose the most expensive EGT probes in the known universe (or so)
- the AMSAFE / airbag system is costly to maintain
- fuel senders are Rochester (totally unreliable after a few years) before 2007 (then, 182 got WAAS, GFC700 and decent capacitive senders)

PS: as for avionics, I have for example to experience with avidyne, and would be glad to read how you compare it (in a different post maybe ?)

33 Posts
Sign in to add your message