Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

In Berlin

Nice day for flying. Managed FL290 negative-RVSM with a direct from Norfolk to BATEL!

EGTK Oxford

Nice day for flying.

The nicest day of this week so far! A bit foggy in the morning but everything had cleared by the time we landed. Enroute there wasn't much ground to be seen. I'm not very far away from Berlin now, but flying home in the evening. As usual, they wouldn't let us climb above 230.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Where were you flying from to Berlin? I am sure I have had 250 in the Mirage from EDMA to EDDB before.

EGTK Oxford

Where were you flying from to Berlin?

From my homebase Stuttgart. But that's normal for northbound flights in the morning on that route, even airliners won't get higher levels. On the way back, exactly the same route, we can climb as high as we like, but must be below 240 again before Nürnberg. So we usually climb to 280 or 300, otherwise it's going to be a parabolic flight.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Interesting. I think I picked a quiet time over Holland to go to 290. I can't imagine I would have been allowed earlier in the morning.

EGTK Oxford

So great day for flying again today. Went to EDDK followed by home.

I also picked up the ADL120 datalink product. Will report on that separately.

Highlight was doing a straight in approach from 20,000ft to EDDK rwy 24 using VNAV mode on the G1000 followed by the RNAV approach. 3 degree glidepath the whole way!

EGTK Oxford

Highlight was doing a straight in approach from 20,000ft to EDDK rwy 24 using VNAV mode on the G1000 followed by the RNAV approach. 3 degree glidepath the whole way!

Yes, I saw the NOTAM that the whole airspace of Germany was closed for your approach!

7 Posts
Sign in to add your message