Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sweden Covid logistics advice

I am looking into an Easter cross country skiing trip in Sweden. My dream plan is fly from EPKM to ESUT (Hemavan Tärnaby), leave the airport in ski boots and head directly to an STF mountain cabin.

I will be flying a Bonanza N35. Optimally I need two fuel stops. Encouraged by @Dimme’s posts I was thinking ESME Eslöv. The other stop should be somewhere in 3/4ths to ESUT (as they don’t have 100LL). I have been to Västervik before, but that’s way too close. I found a thread about ESNZ Åre Östersund mentioning also Åre Molanda and ESNM Optand and the last seems very reasonable.

Anyway my most important logistics issue is I need to get a Covid-19 antigen test both on departure from Poland (which is not a problem) and on departure from Sweden (which is a challenge I haven’t solved yet). So the expectations posed on the stop on the way back are quite high:

• it should be not too far from the line connecting ESUT and EPKM
  • it should preferably be somewhere GA friendly (queuing for security in “airline” airports defeats the idea of Covid-safe travel…)
  • it would be nice if they wouldn’t charge me, say, SEK 2000 for landing and handling …
  • it must be somewhere close to a town where I can get tested (… or offer testing at the airport – which is probably contradicting the other points)

I am constrained by VFR and my girlfriend’s work schedule, giving me a six and a half day window around the Easter weekend – plus a margin for the unexpected that I shouldn’t plan to use. So I actually need to think in terms of plan B and C and would be best off with at least two places to choose from, for example if I end up in some more southern Swedish mountains … Anyway, googling in English for Covid tests in Sweden is not very productive. I am flooded with information on testing requirements when arriving in Sweden – or testing for Sweden residents suspecting they are ill. And what I need is a “travel” certificate – that has to be in English in order to be accepted by the Polish authorities.

Would someone from the Swedish community frequenting the forum would be kind enough to advise on this nuisance?

(I promise a trip report, but of course – given the circumstances – there is only a limited chance the actual trip will take place at all.)

Last Edited by Mateusz at 27 Mar 16:27
EPKM, Poland

Hej Mateusz, great idea.

About ESME: There is a self-service pump now that accepts credit/debit cards.

About the certificate for travel in southern Sweden near ESME: https://bit.ly/3frK7AC

Some of the testing centers:

https://www.scantest.se
https://reseintyg.vaccina.se/en/
https://www.mindoktor.se/covid-19

Sadly, I don’t know the north’s procedures since most of the people who leave the country either do it from the south of Stockholm. Alternatively, you could land at ESMS and take a taxi to one of the testing centers since ESME is a longer drive. The landing fee at ESMS should be around 50 EUR last time I checked.

Let me know if you get lost in the translation, but that is the official site.

EDIT: Fixed the link again. EuroGA doesn’t like the original link.

[ link works fine as a live link, but not dopped into the text entry form as-is, due to weird characters – see Posting Tips ]

Last Edited by Dimme at 27 Mar 16:56
ESME, ESMS

These testing center links is exactly what I needed. Seems one of the possible solutions would be just to spend the last night near Malmö. I will dig through these possible testing locations and I think I should be able to find another option for my plan B. Thanks a lot!

EPKM, Poland

The trip worked out! Again thanks for the advice. Fortunately for us, the regulations had been changed some 3 days before our departure and we could legally skip quarantine by getting tested after landing (and prior to the change, only a test before landing in Poland would do).

Last Edited by Mateusz at 18 Apr 20:59
EPKM, Poland
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message