Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to Sweden

In October I'll be flying from LOAN to ESKN in order to meet a fellow ST-10 owner and pick up some spares.

The flight will likely be VFR, although I should have my IR by then.

Any suggestions concerning airports along the way or interesting destinations in Sweden (I think about staying one or two days longer) would be appreciated.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Aeroe Island (grass runway, so need weather that is not too wet).

EDLE, Netherlands

Why don't you use Stockholm Bromma ESSB? It's almost within the city and should be a lot cheaper. I've been there a couple of weeks ago and can recommend it.

EDXQ

Thanks, but the guy I'm visiting is based at ESKN.

I was at Gavle a couple of weeks ago. No charges - no landing, parking or handling fees. Fuel brought to the aircraft (about £2 / litre), ATC 'on request'. Bit of a long way from town though.

Also Skavsta - very nice people, hotel right at the airport, but expensive - charges include a 'gate opening fee' of £30!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

In south Sweden you have Malmö. If you need to do an instrument approach ESMS is available, if VFR then there are many available strips. Depending on your arrival date I'd be happy to give you a ride.

Further north(east) I can recommend Visby (ESSV), a beautiful town and island. As mentioned you also have our capital Stockholm, there are airport buses available from ESKN.

I hope you'll have a great trip!

Hi, flying that route and if you can get a flightplan approved through Polish airspace, which will be the nearest route, I would land in ESMQ (Kalmar) or ESSV (Visby). Very nice towns both of them.

Otherwise, if you have a day to spare, we could take a tour over the archipelago south of ESKN in a Falco F8L, which I fly for fun. I'm based at ESSP about 10 minutes from ESKN.

Keep in touch!

Best regards / Mats

ESSP, Sweden

Thanks for the answers. Martin and Mats - I'll be glad to come back to your kind suggestions.

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message