Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Interpreting aerodrome fee table (little quiz)

How do you interpret the aerodrome fee table below (in French) for the following three scenarios:

1. Brief technical stop (refueling and re-departure)
  2. Staying for a few hours
  3. Staying overnight

How much would you expect to pay in each case (airplane MTOW <1.5 tons)?

Bonus points if you recognize the place.

For all who don’t speak French, the column headers translate (from left to right) to “aircraft weight”, “landing”, “parking fee in EUR / day”.

Last Edited by Zorg at 01 Aug 21:30
LFHN, LSGP, LFHM

You mean the fee if you visit and stay 1d without landing ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Well I’d intrepid the parking fee, in the absence of any other statement in the AIP, as being a charge if you stayed over night.
But I’d also place a very low reliability on that interpretation because there are so many variations on that theme. Some airports apply it after 30 mins. Some after 2 hours. Some more hours. Some overnight.

In my experience the two most common (if no further info stated) is overnight and 2 hours.

You also have to figure out if VAT is included or not and if handling is mandatory or if there are other charge such as passenger charges.

Best is to ask in advance and always ask if there are any other charges that you’ll have you pay that you haven’t already asked about.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

1. 20€
2. 20€
3. 30€

Plus VAT, of course.

Last Edited by UdoR at 02 Aug 06:14
Germany

1) €10 + cost of fuel + vat
2) €20 +vat
3)€20 + vat

It could be any one of 100 airports I think Avignon LFMV and La Rochelle LFBH and LFRI are all about that if IIRC

France

The interpretations by UdoR and gallois are equally possible. It depends on how that particular airport administration defines “parking” and “day”.

I’ve encountered both the “calendar day” and “24 hr” interpretations of “day”, although “24 hr” is more common IME.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

En route from Malta to Cannes I refuelled at Figari LFKF. I was on the ground for 30 minutes.
I later discovered that I had been charged for parking.
I appealed the charge but the airport administrator insisted it was correct.
😡

EGCJ Sherburn, United Kingdom

One could argue that by the moment you have taken (even if just for a few minutes) one of the precious parking spots on the tarmac, it has been made unavailable for other users for that “day”. But it’s far fetched of course.

Or did you just refuel at the self serve pump and then depart straight from there? In that case, I wouldn’t pay.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The answer, as has been said before, is to check up before flight. Figari is not one of the airports that French club pilots tend to use much, preferring Propriano although IFR they might let down at Figari and then VFR to Propriano.

France

When will the solution be released?

Germany
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message