Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to La Cerdanya / Andorra LECD/LESU 16 October 2021

Check with Empuriabrava.
A few weeks ago, they denied my landing request!

EDMA, Germany

I talked to LEAP this morning, and they told me to contact Girona since “they are the ones that make the entry rules for us”. So I called LEGE ops and asked them specifically if a GA plane can go to LEAP without having to clear a port of entry airport because of COVID. They were very positive that it was not needed. I have mentioned that other people have said otherwise and he persisted in his answer.

The above message was from a handler and he wants some business maybe?

Last Edited by aart at 15 Sep 13:42
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Why put forwars a landing request for a place that isn‘t PPR?

Anyway, yes there may be a place or two that chicken out. However, that is very far from „in Spain, onl flights to international airports are allowed“.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Sep 13:51
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That’s funny, I could not find Empuriabrava; it is written Ampuriabrava LEAP.

I can’t find any AIP at Eurocontrol and there are no notams. Also not listed here. 493m tarmac. No customs/immigration so schengen only.

Why did they refuse an inbound from Germany? Can you post their actual text @Fjkuth?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

aart wrote:

I talked to LEAP this morning, and they told me to contact Girona since “they are the ones that make the entry rules for us”. So I called LEGE ops and asked them specifically if a GA plane can go to LEAP without having to clear a port of entry airport because of COVID. They were very positive that it was not needed. I have mentioned that other people have said otherwise and he persisted in his answer.

On small places, I find it’s much easier to get their OK (PPR, permission, head up, or sign of life) by saying I will land in a big airport first (e.g. Girona) before going to them, some places are not sophisticated and just wanted simple requests but they may check FR24 though

I called one place in UK for PPR by phone last year who said they won’t accept “international covid flights” as the rules are not clear on what is allowed and what is not? and if my flight was essential? but were ok for us to land & park when I said we will transit via Southend first, which we did not due to operational reasons and unfortunately they end up on FPL & GAR without their consent on the day

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Sep 17:08
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I called one place in UK for PPR by phone last year who said they won’t accept “international covid flights” as the rules are not clear on what is allowed and what is not?

@Ibra which airport was it, and when? Last year is a long time ago however. The world filled up with anally retarded dickheads quite rapidly

In the telegram group there is discussion on whether LESU or LECD. LECD looks sure to have no avgas, and the politicial situation won’t be known until early Oct. LESU has everything, but avgas is some €3/litre which some may not be happy with. Neither has customs/immigration.

Is there anyone interested in coming along who is not in the telegram group?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Is there anyone interested in coming along who is not in the telegram group?

We are interested

Peter wrote:

LESU has everything, but avgas is some €3/litre which some may not be happy with. Neither has customs/immigration.

I don’t see the fuel price (or lack of it) as a big problem because I guess majority will make fuel stop somewhere for number of reasons (long flight, immigration/customs, cheap fuel etc.). I can fly no-stop from Croatia to both airports but I have to do immigration stop which I’ll use for refuelling.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What would be the most appropriate source for TAF and METAR for LECD and LESU? Is LEDA relevant/close enough?

Last Edited by Emir at 23 Sep 07:47
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I realized that LESU reports METAR and TAF – it was some glitch in the morning when it wasn’t available.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message