Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen and airport status changes

I wanted to look at EDQT IFR approach plates as this airport got an RNAV approach from 19th. JeppView and MobileFD has only the VFR plates.

So I called jepp service number and try to complain about it. They said this is a VFR only airfield and I can see it easily from JeppView. He doesn't seemed to be convinced, so I told him to look into AIP to find the plates.

Really disappointing, their attitude.

United Kingdom

Yes, they wery often take a long long time to insert new approaches, or even new airports. As another example, Comiso airport (LICB) has been open (and featured in the italian AIP) since the end of May now. No sign of it in the Jeppesen VFR Manual / Jeppview VFR. Jeppview IFR has it, though.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Another strange thing: Zatec-Macerka LKZD, which has been NOTAMed closed since April pending some formalities by the new operator, has disappeared from Jeppesen altogether. Not sure if it's the right thing to do.

Affording myself a bit of wishful thinking, I'd say Jeppesen could vastly improve the quality of their databases by offering free subscriptions as a bounty for finding errors.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message