Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Grosseto LIRS

Planning a trip to LIRS towards the end of October. Any tips? Handling agent, parking, car hire? Probably there for four nights.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Chris, as far as I know a/c under 3 tons MTOM are not accepted in Grosseto. See Philipp Tiemann's fanatastic site "Fliegen in Italien" (Flying im Italy) if you can read any german ...

OK, I'll check, thanks.

Spending too long online

Can't see any restrictions on the LIRS website - I've sent them an email.

Spending too long online

Let me know what they said, good region to fly to!

Quick response by email:

Dear Sirs,

We are sorry but is not possible to operate at Lirs by private aircraft with MTOW less 30 Tons.

Brgds Luca/Ops

SEAM OPS - [email protected]

Spending too long online

Though the reply is negative, I think you are quite lucky to have received any answer at all, and an unequivocal answer at that!

You don't let us know your requirements, but if you're after a "real" airport, campodivolo.it shows your nearest alternates as LIQS Siena/Ampugnano and LIRV Viterbo - neither really nearby, unfortunately.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

i see, thanks!

Hi Chris,

sorry for my late reply, ...was a bit busy. Grosseto is indeed unavailable to light GA. However, they made a typo in their reply. The weight minimum of course is 3 tons, not 30 tons. BTW, this can be found out (takes one minute) by looking at the AIP entry for LIRS. Airport websites are no good for finding out important airport information.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message