Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

It is UTC. It says that. But the idiotic software also says AM or PM

They also think the year is 2020. And UTC has no colon in it.

I can depart 0800 UTC so 1200 UTC gives me 4hrs which is fine, but anyway they don’t care when you actually arrive. I just must make sure my filed ETA is 1150 UTC

I now suspect that the “lost slots” were not returned by timeout and that they’re trying to find them (manually?) and make them available again.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It is UTC. It says that. But the idiotic software also says AM or PM

I was referring to Ibra’s question about the time when the booking system is expected to be back in operation. (btw it now says 13:00 pm) The slots are clearly UTC.

[I understand that you’re reading the forum using a special moderator feed which shows all posts in chronological order and not thread order. It sometimes shows that this means lack of context. Or maybe we should be better at always quoting the message we’re replying to even it’s the previous message.]

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Not generally. But I do read it fast. Got > 100 posts/day to look at.

Yes; quoting which post one is replying to is a good idea, if a reply could apply to more than one, or if you are replying to a post which is difficult to decipher (quite a few are, and I tend to not try to work out the exact meaning of posts which have half the punctuation missing and don’t really make sense).

Administrator

All

Tried the booking system from 0600 this morning and it’s a total disaster. The slot system has crashed and despite being told to email a request they’ve emailed back to say its through the website only – which isn’t working. Totally ridiculous – as if it wasn’t obvious they would create their own denial of service. I would imagine everyone is now trying to get a booking and so theyre not going to alleviate the problem any time soon.

EGGP, United Kingdom

Still doesn’t work…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s looking like my second attempt to go will be thwarted. I can’t spend all day messing about with this. :-(

United Kingdom

I managed to book a departure slot this morning. But in all the hurries, page refreshes, retries,… I didn’t notice that times were UTC.
Now what? I’ve mailed them to alter or cancel the slot. I’ll see how that goes.

EBKT, Belgium

Site has been updated ’Due to high demand, we are currently updating the SLOTS. More information will be available at 4 p.m."

EBKT, Belgium

This email has just arrived

Administrator

The message now is that the slot booking system will be closed until Monday at 10 (0800 UTC).

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message