Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

here

We would normally have a EuroGA meet-up there on the Saturday i.e. 30th April.

Telegram group joining link: https://t.me/+lZLe_AK3h6ZmZThk

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If only they would update their website, especially the “slot request” section.

And maybe mention any (if) COVID measures that will be implemented.

EBST, Belgium

And maybe mention any (if) COVID measures that will be implemented.

I guess it’s too early to know what if any measures will be implemented.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Historically, Aero did not open the slot selling/booking facility (whether a phone line, which was horrible, or the website) until shortly before the show opened, to prevent people booking the slots too early.

I would expect the precautions to be in line with prevailing German laws at the time, which will probably be just mask wearing. So you can go round in your €5 FFP3 I wore one in a cinema last night, but I put it on only after the lights went out

I hope this one runs; it’s always been a great meet-up location in Germany.

Administrator

The site still does not seem to be working for PPR slots during the Aero. I hope I can get a slot – flew in once a few years ago and it was pretty cool. Just under an hour flight for me, but 4 hours by car.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

The site still does not seem to be working for PPR slots during the Aero.

As Peter said, they open late. For 2020 the plan was to open slot bookings only about two weeks before the event. (The old webpage is still up…)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It seems to me that the AERO takes place as announced, however we hopefully don´t get another crisis.
I´m plannung to join a EuroGA meet-up e.g. on Saturday 30th April, looking forward seeing you all after a long time.

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

Just prepare yourself to walking about in the halls with a mask on, all the time.

Some companies are withdrawing because they say they are not willing to have the mask on all day. They also say that it will prevent all the social / networking part of it. For one, it is very hard to recognize acquaintances when everybody has a mask on.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It’s gonna be really interesting whether Germany removes the mask requirement by then.

I’ve done enough walking around Italy this winter with the mandatory FFP2 mask (which is enforced sporadically, but horribly enthusiastically in some places, like getting into a ski lift alone, or getting a pompous lecture on an open chair lift with 3m/sec airflow around it) and I really hate it.

And then they pack ~100 into a closed gondola, windows shut, and there I wear an FFP3

Surgical masks are just about doable for an all-day thing but I can’t wait to get into fresh air and get the damned thing off.

I wonder if Germans have any indication on this.

Haha posts crossed with Bosco

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It’s gonna be really interesting whether Germany removes the mask requirement by then.

I’ve done enough walking around Italy this winter with the mandatory FFP2 mask (which is enforced sporadically, but horribly enthusiastically in some places, like getting into a ski lift alone, or getting a pompous lecture on an open chair lift with 3m/sec airflow around it) and I really hate it.

And then they pack ~100 into a closed gondola, windows shut, and there I wear an FFP3

Surgical masks are just about doable for an all-day thing but I can’t wait to get into fresh air and get the damned thing off.

I wonder if Germans have any indication on this.

Haha posts crossed with Bosco

The situation in Germany is as follows: after the 19th of March most restrictions will be either lifted or made less stringent. To keep in place the obligation to wear a mask indoors, parliament would have to pass a new law, which will then be enacted by the different federal states with potentially different nuances. Most commentators expect this to happen anyway so at least wearing a surgical mask indoors is to be expected. Currently, in the state of Baden-Württemberg, where EDNY is located, FFP2 masks are only mandatory in shops. It is possible that testing will be required but in this case, a test center will for sure be available on-site, and as things are now, people vaccinated with a booster don’t need to get tested.

LFST, France
140 Posts
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message