Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

YLL on Tour...

Even though I’d seen them anyway at LECD, I watched the last one again and once again or bright a smile to my face. Thank you!

Going to watch the others now.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Excellent videos Dan: watched on the tv they’re professional quality. With that kind of scenery I kept expecting to hear the voice of David Attenborough 😀

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Ok, I’ve decided to to YouTube 2 1/2 out of the 3 movies which made for the success of the presentations I’ve been honoured to give to various associations around here.

The initial is just a short intro, departure day, showing some the capabilities of the embarked cams (one Insta360 in the cockpit (also recorded the comms), another Insta360 on the VS, and a Ghost below the left wing).

The second takes us for the westbound crossing, Wick – Akureyri, Akureyri – Kulusuk, Ilulissat – Iqaluit.

The third and last is the fabulous flight from Kangerlussuaq to Ililissat, chasing icebergs around Disko Bay. Unfortunately the vid has been “blocked in 1 territory” by YT due to one of soundtrack, just not sure which one…

The 3rd movie shown during my presentation, touring Alaska to Louisiana, into Oshkosh and back to Iqaluit will not be publicised for the moment…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

The amazing YLL adventure is now under our Articles

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Many thanks, Dan. That is just fantastic !
Cheers,
Michel, Grenoble

LFLG - Grenoble le Versoud, France

Thanks for your patience ladies and gents… the blook YLL on Tour… has been published
It is an expanded and revised version of the blog on this thread.

Direct access is through my website YLL on Tour…
The blook is free, but if you feel like giving something for it, please consider both or either institutions listed on the page, thanks!

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

I’ve finished the whole report now.

Thanks again for the amazing journey! I’m fascinated with really cold and remote places. So I loved to reading your reports that really visited both.

I’ve read a lot of reports of people going across the Atlantic and loved their photos of the ice cap and icebergs. But yours has been the first to get down low and wander among them! Awe inspiring!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

My pleasure Guys

Thread Update:
I have basically spent the whole week working on the blook (blog/book)… this will comprise a few more photos, a little bit more text, and I’m still trying to eradicate the typos, Americanism, etc. Since I’ll be trekking some mountains around here next week, an estimate for completion is difficult, let’s say at least 2 weeks from now on, thanks for your patience…
In the same vein I decided on the title, and the blook cover

Peter was, upon my request, nice enough to agree to change the title of this thread to match the title of the future blook, thanks.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Today I finally picked up from day 10 until the end. What an adventure! And what an amazingly reliable aircraft!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Wow, just wow!

I’d like to express my deepest respect and gratitude to you for pulling off and sharing this amazing aviation adventure.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, am visually and verbally in extended awe, and have been left with a lasting inspiration to one day achieve such an undertaking myself.

always learning
LO__, Austria
283 Posts
Sign in to add your message