Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bosnia overflights ok?

I would be interested in insight from those who fly oft in and around Croatia, VFR, as concerns Bosnia overflights. Bosnia used to be a “no-fly zone” for GA VFR traffic. Is that still the case?

Specifically, is it possible to fly direct to/from Osijek LDOS and other Croatian airfields along the Adriatic coast without avoiding Bosnia-Herzegovina? I know that when flying from LDOS to Losinj LDLO there are VFR routes west and then south-west, staying within Croatia. That is not a big detour, though. What about a flight from LDOS to Zadar LDZD or Split LDSP or Sinj LDSS or Dubrovnik LDDU?

Last Edited by chflyer at 06 Dec 10:25
LSZK, Switzerland

Overflying Bosnia is not an issue anymore. We landed at Mostar and Sarajevo in September. The ADs are PPR but overflights just require a flight plan.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Bosnia used to be a “no-fly zone” for GA VFR traffic. Is that still the case?

Bosnia has never been a “no-fly zone” for GA VFR. It was no-fly zone 30 years ago during the war.

You possibly mixed it with Kosovo.

What about a flight from LDOS to Zadar LDZD or Split LDSP or Sinj LDSS or Dubrovnik LDDU?

You just fly to border to any designated border point and you’ll be transferred to Bosnian ATC and then fly whatever route you filed ending with exiting border point.

Last Edited by Emir at 06 Dec 11:46
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for the feedback. Just what I was seeking. Yes, I probably mixed it with Kosovo.

LSZK, Switzerland
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message