Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bologna LIPE

Hey guys,

Has anybody been to Bologna LIPE lately?

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

Around 4-5 months ago, we were in the Emilia-Romagna region with a DA42. We landed at Reggio Emilia (LIDE), and had a fantastic time there. Great staff, reasonable fees, and the town is right on the high speed rail line, which can get you anywhere from Bologna to Parma in less than an hour. In the past (2017), I’ve landed at Modena (LIPM), and had a great experience as well – friendly country airfield where no one speaks English, but no hassles (other than the lack of Avgas for visitors).

My impression is that the big towered airports in the region (Bologna and Parma) charge $$ for handling, and are more hassle.

Not sure of the purpose of your trip… If it’s tourism, I might advise against Bologna as a destination. We visited Reggio Emilia, Modena, Parma, and Bologna. Bologna was the only one I wouldn’t go back to. Crowded, touristy, lots of crime, etc. I’d say my favorite city in the region was Parma (had a delicious pasta lunch), followed by Modena (delicious sandwiches, and home to a season of Master of None.. not to mention one of the best restaurants in the world). This region seems to be best experienced in a small-ish town, rather than a big city.

Thanks for the reply,
It is purely for business purposes about 20km northwest of Bologna. As taxis are expensive and there are no rail lines, the question is if handling will be more expensive than taxi from LIPM or LIKO than handling + taxi in LIPE

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

Haven‘t ben there recently either, but expect roughly 100 Euros for a stop there. So not too bad for Italian airline airport standards. The company running the GAT is called TAG. Also, if you need it, Avgas tends to be well priced at Bologna.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

So I have finally been to Bologna LIPE last month. Paid 106 Euros for C182 with 3 nights of Parking and 1 PAX. Very well organised, well trained staff and Lamborghini shuttle from GAT to the aircraft.
Can only recommend it

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

Planning on Bologna in August. Is it TAG Aviation Bologna to contact?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Yes, they usually take 24-48h to reply

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

Just came back from Bologna. What a great experience and a very handy alternate gateway to Tuscany etc. Florence flat refused to give permission. Siena and Pisa were hugely expensive and bureaucratic. Lucca has a nice GA airport but it is closed monday and tuesday. So went with Bologna. All GA go through TAG aviation et the east end of the runway, Huge ramp. Great modern GA terminal. Fees were extremely reasonable for this part of the world – E100 for three days all in – landing, parking, handling etc. And jet A E1.41 a litre with no silly fees.

Can’t recommend highly enough.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

So they replied promptly, a few hours then said it’s busy I would need PPR before they booked out, then when I said go for it, they said need to speak to a manager and on Monday :(

Is it really busy this time of year?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

Fees were extremely reasonable for this part of the world – E100 for three days all in – landing, parking, handling etc. And jet A E1.41 a litre with no silly fees.

I thought these days were long gone anywhere in Italy.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message