Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The best airport for visiting Amsterdam

Hello,

to visit Amsterdam, EHLE looks like the right place? Any other options? How is the transport from Leystad to Amsterdamm?

Thx for any help an information!

EDAZ

http://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/734-lelystad-crazy-prices

(@Peter & David: kindly brighten up the thread title? 3 errors in a 6-word title is an all-time low)

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

It depends how you would like to go from Lelystad to Amsterdam. With public transport it will take you about 1 to 1,5 hours from the airport to Amsterdam Central rail station for just over 11 euro’s if you posses a ‘ov-chipkaart’. A little more if you don’t have that card.

As said by Jan, the prices can be really steep for landing and parking on EHLE. I may be even interesting to look at the handling costs at Amsterdam airport.

There really are no interesting alternatives. Rotterdam is almost as expensive as Amsterdam due to their mandatory handling and the times by public transport are about the same as from Lelystad. Maybe Hilversum (EHHV) is an alternative, but the runways are between 600 and 700 meter and with the current weather the grass runways are not in operation. So practically the airport is closed in this time of the year.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

Chestnut
It a few years since I’ve been to Amsterdam, but I recall landing at Leystad, taking a short taxi ride to the local train station where there are regular trains into Central Amsterdam.
It was very easy, the whole thing taking about an hour from Leystad into the City.
Hope that helps.

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

Just go to Schiphol. Use Avia for handling.

EDLE, Netherlands

Title fixed

(BTW I do normally fix them up – when I get around to it)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Many people have asked this question.

Amsterdam is completely doomed for mainstream GA.
With plenty of overpriced airport charges and plenty of over classified airspace all over the place.

The government is saying “stay clear” and the pilots don’t protest enough to protect the activity.

It is probably the worst place to fly in Northern Europe.

Cheshunt, I would suggest to fly to Rotterdam EHRD, and use someone from the flight club to arrange your handling. That way you only have to pay the landing fee, which will be in the order of 18 EUR + VAT.

Commander has offered to arrange handling on EHRD earlier this year in [another thread](http://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/734-lelystad-crazy-prices#9595) on this forum.

Correct

offer stands

Rotterdam is 35 minutes drive from Amsterdam and is available till 2300 with an instrument approach.

> It is probably the worst place to fly in Northern Europe.

Try Manchester.

EGTK Oxford
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message