Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR Flying in San Diego

VFR flying in San Diego

It’s been an industrial few months at work, and I’ve done very little flying lately, I’ve logged six hours since I last checked in in September. I’ve done very little else really apart from slog away at the job so when the opportunity presented itself to visit some family in San Diego after another work trip back San Francisco over Halloween – I jumped on the occasion to look for a rental plane in San Diego and landed (no pun intended) on Learn to Fly San Diego who rented Piper’s and Cessna’s.
I also manged to book instructor John, who went up with me to check me out in the Cessna. (I booked the Piper Archer, but unfortunately it had a mechanical minutes before we were to go up – oh well next time)
I’ve posted some photo’s a short description and a video of the flight on my blog – it has some nice images if anyone is interested. [Here](http://lfhnflightstudent.blogspot.ch/2013/11/vfr-flying-in-san-diego.html)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Very good….I rented their Archer in 2011 (2226N)…took it to Las Vegas and the Grand. Canyon…. $99/hr wet…the AI failed just before I was contemplating a night return to KMYF….forced us to stay overnight in LV! ;-)

PS the Cessna was probably better for the low level sightseeing trip you did anyway….

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Nice video :-) San Diego has a very long aeronautical history and other than the nice scenery depicted in the video, a lot of the places where aeronautical stuff has happened are shown.

One of the more obscure items (that none the less amazes me), is that Convair used to produce a lot of delta winged jet fighters at Lindbergh Field (the commercial airport in the middle of the city) and every one made its initial test flight right to the west, climbing fast, then turning down SD Bay to the south before overflying Pt Loma.

Ah too bad – I’d love to view your video, thinking it might bring good memories of where I learned to fly.

Unfortunately, it cannot be viewed in Germany because “this SME music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing copyrights”.

With that respect and slightly off-topic, I found this an amusing enough article on my favorite satirical website:

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message