Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Atlantic Crossing

Congrats on your triple achievement Jason - a new aircraft, a new rating and a flying adventure to be proud of... I enjoyed the report very much. Safe flying!

Bordeaux

The aircraft uses 23gals/hr in high power cruise>

If I knew the aircraft in detail I wouldn't have to ask, but guess it's US gals (= 3.8 Lt).

I'm always concerned when I see gals/hr figures but without the definitive units (Imp or US).

When 'quoting' (on this website) how does one make that entry with the 'indented' vertical bar (as others seem to do)?

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Ah, answer to my own 'quoting' question - it does it auto when using the 'Quotes' button (which is how I did it).

Yes, USG/hr. As an aside do any modern aircraft work in Imp gallons/hr?

EGTK Oxford

To quote a piece of text from another post, copy/paste the text into your post, highlight it (by swiping it), and press the Quotes button

The result is like this

This works only for blocks of text which do not contain blank lines

In other words, it works for one paragraph at a time, only.

That limitation is partly intentional because it stops someone easily quoting a whole (massive) post from someone else. This issue is common on other forums and renders the thread all but unreadable. And if the quoted text includes pictures posted by the other person, that just finishes the mess off nicely

As an aside do any modern aircraft work in Imp gallons/hr?

Never heard of one, but maybe old British (pre-metric) ones?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Oh dear, I work Imp Gallons (4.55 Lt). Club PA28's and the tank filler points are placarded in Imp G. (20 gallons each and 14 to the tabs). Wt. comes easy with water = 10 lbs/Imp. G and SG = 0.72 = 7.2 lbs / Imp G.

Average burn is a well known at around 8 Imp gal/hr. I know it a bit archaic, particularly as fuel is now sold/metered in litres. However this has always made me beg the question, Imp or US?

Oh dear, I work Imp Gallons (4.55 Lt).

How quaint. :)

OK, I take back that no-one uses them.

EGTK Oxford

Great trip! Congrats, and hope you'll have much joy with your new toy!

Great article Jason. It's a trip I'm very much hoping to make one day. Well done!

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

Jason, I have a question for you (not related to your crossing), but I don't know how to PM you. If you don't know how to PM me either, we'll ask Peter, he'll know....

My question is about the electrical system of the PA 46...

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
Sign in to add your message