Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

someone I met at the airfield the other day who has an aircraft in Spain told me that it’s probably best to ‘just fly there and not worry about it’

Reeaaaaally good piece of advice. If I were you I would take it into account

LECU - Madrid, Spain

From an admittedly self-interested perspective, somewhere that will accept G-reg Permit aircraft (flown by an FAA license holder!) would be good :-)

Zaragoza’s a beautiful place, I go there a couple of times a year since I’m a member of a rather nerdy computer preservation group that’s based out of the university there. It’s not expensive to stay there, and there’s a lot of very good places for food and drink. (I’m not sure what the Spanish attitude to G-reg LAA permit aircraft is, but someone I met at the airfield the other day who has an aircraft in Spain told me that it’s probably best to ‘just fly there and not worry about it’ :-) I think I might see what the LAA advises, though)

Zaragoza is punishingly hot in the summer though.

Last Edited by alioth at 02 Jun 11:08
Andreas IOM

Thanks, Peter. It’s been really nice to meet you in person.

EHLE

Brilliant pics, kwispel

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would spare you browsing through a lot of pictures here at the forum so I put a selection of them at https://plus.google.com/photos/+YuriVorontsov/albums/6018159737501179457

I would gladly join the second summer fly-in in September!

EHLE

Please post suggestions for the next 2014 fly-in here

Last Edited by Peter at 31 May 14:48
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If the intention was to do considerably less flying than that

Yes, don’t forget us northerners, just flying to the north of Germany takes all morning…
September sounds like a good time for an event.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

September would be quite possible for me.
I would be extremely happy to join the second round, as I could not come in May.

Belgium could be nice !

May I make a suggestion for a future summer fly-in? I would think that Calvi (LFKC) on Corsica would be a good candidate.

It’s a wonderful destination for a weekend. The town is near and pleasant, with a big marina. The beach right next to the marina is beautiful (snad) and the water is perfect. Friendliness of the people is another matter, though.

The airport has: customs, IFR, good opening hours, the whole lot. Still very moderate fees. Avgas is decently priced.

August should be avoided. Beginning to mid-September would be perfect.

From Britain, it is actually less distant than Losinj. A home match for the French obviously. For Germans/Swiss/Austrians, it is largely about the same distance.

If the intention was to do considerably less flying than that, one would probably have to sacrifice the “beach” aspect and look for a more central place. Since most people here seem to come from Britain or Germany, the “centre of gravity” would be Belgium.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Great write ups – short notice can work better, although if you are in the slow VFR food department, somewhere, say within five hundred miles of London, might be preferable.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
507 Posts
Sign in to add your message