Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Checked and confirmed by manager:
- the airport will be opened from Friday to Sunday as long as needed which means until sunset
- the airtraffic control will be available until 1400 UTC (1600 LT) – after that reporting on tower frequency is mandatory but no guidance, traffic info or clearance is provided

For VFR flights standard info services (which in Croatia means full info on weather and traffic) are available from Zagreb Info at 135.05 and closer to LDLO from Pula or Zadar Radar (depending on direction you’re arriving from).

For IFR flights full services are available from Zagreb Radar and closer to LDLO from Pula or Zadar Radar.

If you arrive before 1400 UTC you’ll be handed over to LDLO tower for landing clearance otherwise you’ll be required to monitor tower frequency and proceed with position reporting and visual approach. For IFR traffic it’s usual to cancel IFR at some point close to LDLO because visibility almost always allows it and NDB approach is somehow akward.

The manager asked me if we could send estimated number of planes arriving (dates and ETA) in order to prepare his staff.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

On a quick scan of the thread plus some emails I think I got, this is what I have:

Please email me any corrections/updates and I will update this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It would be useful if we knew dates and estimated time of arrival. From my side it will be two of us on Sunday morning (arount 10 LT).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter, both SPF and DKIM give great result.

EVCA

Emir,

I will be arriving already on May 22nd just before closing the airport. That is the plan now. If the weather will be bad (a front moving across Balkans) I will delay my flight to Friday. I hoped that the airport would be opened longer also on 22nd but it looks like it will not be. I have a problem that I have to leave earlier from Sofia due to early closure of Losinj airport.

By the way, we’ll be 2 persons.

Just another thought: as everybody will arrive on different time and probably not all are staying at the same hotel – how we can communicate with each other in other to gather somewhere and meet each other and have a drink and chat? Communication via this forum is an option, but more direct communication would be better. So maybe we can just exchange mobile phone numbers?

Kind regards,
Joze

Joc
LJDI

We can meet up by the dolphin fountain, in the harbour, close to the Apoksiomen hotel.

Administrator

A flight plan is required when crossing a national frontier.

Oh, absolutely not. It’s required when crossing international FIR boundaries.
Luxembourg for example is within Brussels FIR. No need to file an FPL in order to fly from Luxembourg to Belgium (or vice versa).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Checked and confirmed by manager:
- the airport will be opened from Friday to Sunday as long as needed which means until sunset
- the airtraffic control will be available until 1400 UTC (1600 LT) – after that reporting on tower frequency is mandatory but no guidance, traffic info or clearance is provided

Emir, that will be of no use if the immigration/customs man is not there…

As a more minor problem, people would have to remember to close their flightplans…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 13 May 18:33
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Does anyone know, is the “arrived” function in eurofpl the same as closing flight plan?

EVCA

Oh, absolutely not

I did say there are exceptions. You have listed one. Can you list any more? I don’t want to sound like Clarkson but Luxembourg barely qualifies as a “country” It would be a joke if it was a “country” in IFR aviation terms because half the time one doesn’t even talk to anybody there when overflying at say FL150.

The principle I posted stands, with very few exceptions around the world.

is the “arrived” function in eurofpl the same as closing flight plan?

A very good Q.

EuroFPL get the tracking data from Eurocontrol, who obviously get a feed from the various European radar units, in conjunction with seeing the expected squawk (which is why if, for whatever local reason, you get a new squawk allocated partway through the flight, anybody watching your progress will think you did an AF447) and my guess would be that they mark you as arrived when the arrival airport transmits the ARR message on the AFTN. But there must be backstops because if e.g. you land at an airport which is non-towered, the flight still gets closed. So maybe they auto-detect you descending below radar cover, etc.

Eurocontrol don’t close the flight plan for you, for sure.

Last Edited by Peter at 13 May 20:45
Administrator
Sign in to add your message