Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

I’m 50/50. Have Arrow N2136E booked Wed 21 – Tues 27. Long way from EGCF, so need to stay for a while and make it worth it.
Really need a PAX or two form UK (or near continent) to help out (all fronts) and keep me company. Have no one interested ATPIT (At This Point In Time)

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 12 May 23:02
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

I’ll be arriving on 22nd afternoon directly from Sofia (LBSF) and will be staying until Sunday 25th. Actually this will be a small detour from a back home route from Sofia to Portoroz (LJPZ) and then to my home airport Divaca (LJDI).

I would like to recommend flying across the islands further to the south-east towards Split and Dubrovnik. For me this is the most scenic flight possible. Follow the Adria route at 1500FT MSL and you will spot many places where one would like to spend his vacations during summer :-)

To see old Dubrownik town you need a whole day. So departing from Losinj at the time when the airport opens and coming back at the latest possible time would be an idea. Also Pula (LDPL) is a very nice destination although practically can’t be compared with Dubrovnik.

For Hvar airport I was in contact last year with a guy with this phone number: +385 91 2508 007.

Joc
LJDI

Correct, that’s the number of the “operator”, Josip. No point in calling him, since he won’t usually be able to tell you anything useful in terms of the actual condition of the strip. The rest is in the Jeppesen, the Croatian VFR guide, or the internet.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 May 22:02
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Checked now AD open hours and seems, that whole day trip to LDDU is not possible – LDLO is open only until 1400Z. So just few hours or night stay in Dubrovnik is possible ((

EVCA

LDLO is open only until 1400Z.

Unfortunately it’s like that until May 29. However, maybe something can be arranged during our fly-in because airport manager can extend working hours on request.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

LDLO only open till 1400Z !! Is that right. If so can’t make it from EGCF with fuel stop EDMS or ME in the same day. Well can – but a bit tight.

I will have mandatory Flight Plan EGCF – ED?? for fuel (leaving UK FIR). All other countries crossed (Austria & Slovenia) been EU and Croatia also, then IS Flight Plan ED?? – LDLO required – may be advisable, but is it required ?

Currency – Seems Croatia have the KUNA. Is the € taken in resorts like Mali Losinj? May be at a less than perfect rate !!!

Guess problem is with Airport Manager declaring ‘extend’ open hours is that he’ll have to do it over a few days (people arriving on different days!!). Unless he can respond at short notice to a phone call on a specific day.

I’m considering this problem for my initial arrival. Not so much for a day ‘fly-out’.

That is a real problem! Damn… I wonder if that’s a recent change?

Brac always had that problem and the only way to get there from Shoreham was to depart at the earliest possible moment, and it was just possible. But Brac offers an extension for €50 for 1 hour, which I always managed to avoid making use of.

Emir – could you please phone him up?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anything I can do Peter? Ah, best left to Emir. Seems it’s his Country.

Could you comment on para. 2 & 3 @ posting 303 ?

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 13 May 08:59

You can pay in Euros everywhere. A flight plan is required for a VFR flight from Germany to Croatia. Immigration is required on both ends but always present in LDLO.

Sign in to add your message