Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Last time at LDLO they would not take Euro cash for fuel. Only credit cards or, presumably, Kuna. Brac takes anything. On the island, shops take Euros fine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Situational awareness is awesome

EVCA

IS Flight Plan ED?? – LDLO required

I should think so, yes. Basically, a flight plan is required whenever you cross a FIR boundary, or whenever you are going to enter controlled airspace. Germany has sone exceptions (no flight plan required for flights into Austria, for example, and I believe the same applies for Poland and Czechia); but that will not help in your case. What’s wrong with filing a flight plan, anyway?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

OK, I’m not likely to be carrying any denomination of ‘cash’ for fuel payment – my cash will be for beer, wine and ‘knife & fork’ (meals) !!

Who’s going to be the first to second guess the weather. I want high pressure, 100% blue sky (VFR) and a PAX’s or two.

Thanks achimha for yours @ 307

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

What’s wrong with filing a flight plan, anyway?

Nothing – but it’s another job and I’ve not done it very frequently. Sometimes need help, especially if away from home.

A flight plan is required when crossing a national frontier. Croatia is a sovereign country, so yes. Same with Shoreham to Le Touquet, etc.

There are some concessions (Switzerland to Austria?) which somebody mentioned a while ago.

It isn’t quite true that you need a FP for FIR region crossing. For example England to Scotland you don’t need one.

WarleyAir – the simplest thing is to sign up with EuroFPL and use their free service which goes up to about 10 FPs per month. Or if you are going to spend money on a flight planning program which also does a GPS moving map, buy Skydemon which does FP filing (they actually use EuroFPL to do it).

Last Edited by Peter at 13 May 10:08
Administrator

Talking about flight planning and fpl filing, eurofpl is the best service ever. But I can’t say the same about rocketroute. It draws pretty nice charts, but I experienced lot of problems while used it only few times during last month… So, eurofpl (+skydemon) is the best choise.

EVCA

I’ll call him and check what can be done during days of our fly-in.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I emailed a reminder to all 944 registered users overnight.

About 25 were refused for various reasons; some alleging spam and some are duff emails. Some are regulars on EuroGA. I should definitely have the correct SPF records set up…

Administrator

Thanks Peter. My ‘crib sheet’ tells me I already have a EuroFPL username/password. Must have been there before !! – I’ll get ‘into’ it again.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 13 May 10:50
Sign in to add your message