Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Should anyone be confused, “beamer” is described by Wikipedia as (amongst others) “Video projector, a pseudo-Anglicism in a number of languages including German, Dutch, and Latvian”

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thanks Jan for the “clarification”

EDLE, Netherlands

Should anyone be confused, “beamer” is described by Wikipedia as (amongst others) “Video projector, a pseudo-Anglicism in a number of languages including German, Dutch, and Latvian”

And is very confusing to native English speakers who think you are talking about a BMW-car……My other favourite is Handy

Sorry to be missing the trip. Hope it goes well.

Last Edited by JasonC at 16 May 12:56
EGTK Oxford

Too bad you are not there Jason. Hope you can catch up another time

EDLE, Netherlands

An inflatable Catamaran, now that sounds amazing, Aeroplus!

We’re planning to fly EHLE-LOWL on Thursday evening, and LOWL-LDLO on Friday morning.
Weather permitting, we will fly LOWL-LDLO via a published VFR Alpine route.

We’re thinking about a daytrip to Dubrovnik on Saturday… Must be a beautiful city!

For the return flight we’re considering a tankstop in St. Gallen LSZR.

Lethaman: looks good. I have never been at LOWL. Flying IFR, the Innsbruck East approach (LOWI) is great to fly. The Dubrovnik trip is also on my list as is a boat trip around the island in our catamaran. St. Gallen is nice. I visit the airport many times a year as we have family living in St. Gallen. Have a safe trip. See you there! Here is a video from a flight into Altenrhein / St. Gallen with the PHWCU (P28R) right after I got my pilot license (and before I had my instrument rating …) in 2012.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 16 May 14:24
EDLE, Netherlands

As I mentioned above, me and my wife are also planing to visit Dubrovnik. Formation flight?

EVCA

Let’s hope for good wx.

The way the numbers are looking, it’s going to be a great get-together and even more remarkable considering nobody is organising it and (crucially) taking deposits

The vital bit – the airport bar:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice place to meet after long flight. Lately arrived pilots will have to take penalty shot :)

Last Edited by pshz at 16 May 14:39
EVCA

My wife will be with me as well. Yesterday we have celebrated 38 years of marriage and her birthday, so trip to Losinj is an extension to our celebration. We will have two foldable bicycles with us and wee be biking around. Losinj is simply gorgeous at this time of year as all vegetation is still green and you can smell the true Mediterranean climate and air is full of smell of flowers and trees.

Aeroplus, do you have any problems with closing airport at 14:00 UTC? I was about to phone them to do a small extension of working hours already on Thursday because it would much easier for me to arrive an hour later. I can actually call the airport manager and as for the extension (of course not for extra money).

I am very interested to see the presentation about flying in Africa.

For those who plan flying towards Dubrovnik: LDDU was my first international trip after getting PPL. It was in December 2007 and I will never forger that flight across literally thousands of islands. Also the city is beautiful and worth to visit, but as I already said you need probably almost a whole day to do the sightseeing.
LDDU is located about 30km away from old Dubrovnik downtown. The cheapest way to get to Dubrovnik is by bus from the airport. There is a bus connection which starts soon after arrival of scheduled flights (not charters). The taxi would cost you about 30 EUR in one way. You should plan your arrival so that you land about 20 minutes before a scheduled flight. For the way back probably the taxi is the best option.

Joc
LJDI
Sign in to add your message