Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lunch in Calais - Saturday Jan 11 2014

Is anyone up for lunch in Calais tomorrow?

The forecast is about as good as it gets this time of year.

EGEO

I’d love to, and LFAC has been on my wish list for a good while. But tomorrow there’s other priorities, more’s the pity given the forecast, very nice indeed.

But I do think this is the right way to set up a meeting: plan one’s own flight, then tell all and sundry and see who turns up.

Have fun!

Last Edited by at 10 Jan 18:16
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I came down to La Rochelle otherwise would have joined. How was the restaurant?

La Rochelle is lovely but got put on damp grass/mud parking. Apparently you can now arrange hard stand with the Chamber of Commerce not just the handling agent.

EGTK Oxford

Hi Jason,
Do you have any contact details, email,fax,phone for the chamber of commerce, I get sick of parking on that grass bit and handling always refuse.

Not yet but I will. It is a complete joke. Mud everywhere. Needed about 50% torque to get out of it.

EGTK Oxford

Sadly I didn’t make it over in the end – went up to Old Buckenham instead to meet up with some friends from Norwich.

I’m free the next couple of weekends (wife is away), so if anyone does want to meet up at Calais or elsewhere in Northern France or Belgium, let me know.

EGEO

Does anyone know if the restaurant is open on a Sunday? Thinking of heading over tomorrow.

Thanks!

EGEO

I’ve no idea, and the operation has not seen a smooth history, over the last few years. Why don’t you give them a ring?
03 21 85 01 65 according to the /ad website, but don’t forget the French 31 33 prefix.
And to be frank: if they don’t open on a Sunday noon with reasonable weather, I don’t know what would be a better time!

Last Edited by at 18 Jan 21:40
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

You mean 33 prefix

Right you are, 31 is for Holland. Apologies for confusion! I’ve corrected it, but the “strikethrough” seems to be ineffective, for my browser (Chrome) at least.

Last Edited by at 18 Jan 21:41
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message