Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EDMS Straubing - IFR suspension

So NOTAM still in place. I need to go there later this week. What a shame you can’t give business to an airport because of some test flight oversight….

Going to have to go to Nuremberg and get picked up (Straubing wasn’t final destination). Very annoying.

EGTK Oxford

They had that flight last week (spoke with them). Don’t know how long it takes to remove the NOTAM.

EDXQ

OK, will call them tomorrow.

EGTK Oxford

Sadly still no timing on removal of the NOTAM.

EGTK Oxford

You might check today about 1500 UTC if the NOTAM has been removed.

EDXQ

Ha. Looks like it is gone now. Why they couldn’t have told me that this morning I don’t know. Thanks Muelli.

EGTK Oxford

OK so off to EDMS tomorrow. Even after the NOTAM was dropped the Eurocontrol computer this afternoon still wouldn’t accept an IFR FPL to EDMS. Rocketroute called Eurocontrol and sorted it.

EGTK Oxford

Wow, I din’t know IFPS did account for such short term issues like a temporary instrument approach outage. Interesting.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Jan 19:04
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yep, came back with EDMS cannot accept IFR arrivals.

EGTK Oxford

I din’t know IFPS did account for such short term issues like a temporary instrument approach outage.

I don’t think for a moment anybody in Eurocontrol reads notams and incorporates any IFR issues in them into FP validation.

This EDMS business must have been done by somebody in Germany making damn sure that Eurocontrol do not accept “I” flight plans to EDMS.

Just like Germany has got Eurocontrol to reject “I” FPs to non-IAP airports – one of the very few countries that operate this practice.

came back with EDMS cannot accept IFR arrivals

It actually said that in the REJ message?

I wonder how that response differs from the one you get when trying to file “I” to a non-IAP airport. Let’s hope Eurocontrol don’t start returning free text REJ messages whose text is generated by the airspace owner It would play havoc with routing tools.

Last Edited by Peter at 15 Jan 19:14
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message