Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen/AERO 2014

I’ve been looking at airline flights as a backup.

There are no usable options from Gatwick EGKK, and I am not doing Stansted (Ryanair).

Which major German airports (e.g. Munich or Stuttgart) have a simple direct train to Friedrichshafen? Munich looks the most accessible for me.

Last Edited by Peter at 18 Jan 20:48
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The nearest airport accessible from Gatwick is Zurich (connection by train to Romanshorn + ferry to Friedrichshafen).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Monarch fly to EDNY but sparsely.

I can get a return ticket for Justine (which is what really matters) on 12th April. We would use that if we went out in the TB20 but could not get back as planned on the 13th.

Anybody here planning to be there? It is a good meeting point. The exhibition is much the same year after year.

Details 9-12 April.

Last Edited by Peter at 18 Jan 21:08
Administrator

I can’t be making any plans, due to unclear professional prospects, but IF I do go there (which is far from likely, anyway, as I dislike both crowds AND commercial humbug) and IF I go there flying (which is just as unlikely, given my stringent meteo requirements) THEN I might as well fly to www.sfg-markdorf.de , they seem to have an arrangement for AERO visitors including a shuttle service.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Have you looked at Memmingen? Ryanair flies Memmingen – Stanstead. Although it Is very close to Friedrichshafen, there is no direct rail connection. You must change at least once. By rental car it would be less than an hours drive.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Stansted is a huge hassle for us, from the south coast. We simply do not bother.

Administrator

Stansted is a huge hassle for us, from the south coast. We simply do not bother.

It’s probably quicker to go by boat… Just follow the river Rhine all the way from the Netherlands and you will eventually arrive in Friedrichshafen (with only one little waterfall on the way, but we aviators know how to cope with turbulence)

BTW: Stuttgart Airport to Friedrichshafen takes around three hours by train, Munich one hour more. (See here: http://efa-bw.de/nvbw/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&itdLPxx_frames=&itdLPxx_menu= )

EDDS - Stuttgart

with only one little waterfall on the way

Yes, but don’t forget the Perilous Maiden aka Lorelei… we are less acquainted with that kind of divertissement along the airways …

Last Edited by at 18 Jan 22:11
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Have a look at bahn.de

Depending on the time of the day trains depart from Munich Central Station to Friedrichshafen at least once per hour. However, there are no direct trains, you have to change at least once. Travel time is between 2:30 and 3:00 hours. Add to that about an hour to get from the airport to the main station by train. Tickets are around Eur 110 per person return.

All-in you might be better off taking a rental car.

I will be visiting AERO for a day but can only decide shortly before on the actual date.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

I usually get a commercial flight from Dusseldorf if I am not flying myself

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
156 Posts
Sign in to add your message